How to get started with AirDroid and how to login to AirDroid web desktop?

Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:10 pm in General

page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
Tom_Administrator
OP

How to get started with AirDroid and how to login to AirDroid web desktop?

How to get started with AirDroid and how to login to AirDroid web desktop?[/b]Download and install AirDroid app on your Android devices, start the app and open your favorite web browser, input the address and Dynamic Password to login to AirDroid Web Desktop. Detailed steps: Tips: The Android device and computer need to be connected to the same WiFi network to be able to connect. Don't have WiFi?Try this tutorial.1. Open AirDroid on your Android device and tap Start. The web address (looks like http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8888) to visit will be revealed, and a new Dynamic Password will be generated or the Predefined Password will be displayed (looks as predefined). 2. Open your favorite web browser to visit the web address above. Enter the Dynamic Password or Predefined Password from the previous step and click Login. 3. You’ll login to the AirDroid Web Desktop.
Tom_Administrator
rits2012

Title

My browsers cannot open the IP addr given, saying it is not in the DNS. I cannot even ping it. How did you guys get past this?

thanks

michael
rits2012
F14Scott

Title

Ryan,Thanks for pointing out the mistake of not typing the colon ":8888" So I changed it, and Chrome still wont recognize, just shows "SSL connection error". However, Firefox connected! Thanks. Now I've got to see what this access from the PC to my tablet will do for me. Any tips posted ????
Murray
F14Scott
BOfH

Title

hi
BOfH
jpof88

Title

I downloaded AirDroid to my Evo. Had trouble connecting with desktop. Finally it did once, then that was it, never again has it connected. Pull program up on phone, hit start, type in address (192.168.0.110:8888), and this what I get every time: Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.0.110:8888
I have opened the program on the phone and put that same number in my Opera browser on the Evo, and it works fine, so it's not the program, it's something to do with connecting to the desktop. The one time that it did open and work, I knew I was going to love this program. Please someone help figure this out. The router that I am using is a "Tenda W268R" . The manual has something in it about using it as a "Virtual Server", but not sure how to put in setting, etc.
jpof88
trivity

Title

Same Problem.
Can't connect from Desktop Chrome (worked once but very, very slowly). Putting the IP adress in androids browser window works flawless instead.
trivity
Jaffetho

Title

Unable to ping, cannot find ip address
Jaffetho
mrlug

Title

Samsund Galaxy Nexus Android V4.0
Windows 7 Ultimate
Internet Explorer V9.0 32bit and 64 bit
Port opened in my router
Only one time did the password window pop up and it failed to connect. Now it does not even get to the password window. Any advise as to proceeding from here? Is there an update in the works?
Thanks.
mrlug
Phonemantoo

Title

The IP is the same address my Kies uses. I can connect with it using the Kies. But my browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and gasp IE9) can't all connect, and the error is Kies related. This is what i get in the address bar afterwards:
http://192.168.10.100:8080/www/apps/KiesAir/main.gz.htm
Phonemantoo
alfblack

Title

just downloaded airdroid after looking a few comments on droid market. download to mobile great.typed in 192.xxx.x.xx:8888 IP in web address given not working, then tried 192.xxx.xxx:8888 oops! google chrome could not connect.

I'm well within requirements.

SE x10 mini pro android ver 2.1 (last update: 1/06/2011)
browser google chrome ver 17.0.963.83 (last update: 23/03/12)
alfblack
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235469

Latest Member: erfanmanesh

Online: 120