Windows 10 Tablet Mode breaks desktop widgetquestion

Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:04 am in General

page 1 / 1
Ken
OP

Windows 10 Tablet Mode breaks desktop widget

In Windows 10, I have found that switching to tablet mode on a Surface Pro 3 breaks the desktop widget. It places the desktop widget in the top left corner and it cannot be moved. I have found that you can fix it by killing the Airdroid task, editing the settings.ini to set the location to 100,100 then restarting the program. You can then move it on the screen where you want. However, as soon as you go to tablet mode, then back to desktop mode, the desktop widget is broken again; it is in the top left corner and cannot be moved.

Any suggestions on how to fix this, or is this a defect that needs to wait for the next release?

Thanks,

Ken
Ken
Coffee Admin

Re: Windows 10 Tablet Mode breaks desktop widget

In Windows 10, I have found that switching to tablet mode on a Surface Pro 3 breaks the desktop widget. It places the desktop widget in the top left corner and it cannot be moved. I have found that you can fix it by killing the Airdroid task, editing the settings.ini to set the location to 100,100 then restarting the program. You can then move it on the screen where you want. However, as soon as you go to tablet mode, then back to desktop mode, the desktop widget is broken again; it is in the top left corner and cannot be moved.

Any suggestions on how to fix this, or is this a defect that needs to wait for the next release?

Thanks,

Ken
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into this and will get back to you soon :)
Coffee
Admin
Ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into this and will get back to you soon Image
I just updated to the latest desktop version and I am still seeing the same problem. Do you have any further feedback on this?

Thanks,

Ken
Ken
Coffee Admin

@ken

Hi, we've figured out the cause of this. But we're still looking for a solution for this :(
Coffee
Admin
Ken

@ken

Hi, we've figured out the cause of this. But we're still looking for a solution for this Image

OK. Thanks.
Ken
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235460

Latest Member: Abdul hamid

Online: 78