AirDroid Desktop Helpquestion

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:30 am in General

page 1 / 1
spence
OP

AirDroid Desktop Help

Hello,

I recently downloaded the AirDroid android app to my Motorola Droid Turbo phone running Android version 5.1 and I cannot get mobile to computer file transfer via AirDroid Desktop to work. I have downloaded AirDroid on my computer, which is a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series running Windows 10 Home. I have verified my email for my AirDroid account. I have signed into my AirDroid account on my mobile device, on my laptop computer, and on the web on my computer. Both devices are also connected by the same Wi-Fi connection. I can transfer files from my computer to my phone through AirDroid with ease but I cannot transfer files from my phone to my computer. Every time I try to transfer files on my mobile AirDroid app to my computer, I get a popup message that says, "File Transfer - Local transfer failed. Try remote transfer? - Remember - Retry OK". For some reason my phone is not able to transfer files to my computer locally but my computer is able to transfer files to my phone locally. If you could help in any way to resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Spencer Arnsberg
spence
Coffee Admin

Re: AirDroid Desktop Help

Hello,

I recently downloaded the AirDroid android app to my Motorola Droid Turbo phone running Android version 5.1 and I cannot get mobile to computer file transfer via AirDroid Desktop to work. I have downloaded AirDroid on my computer, which is a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series running Windows 10 Home. I have verified my email for my AirDroid account. I have signed into my AirDroid account on my mobile device, on my laptop computer, and on the web on my computer. Both devices are also connected by the same Wi-Fi connection. I can transfer files from my computer to my phone through AirDroid with ease but I cannot transfer files from my phone to my computer. Every time I try to transfer files on my mobile AirDroid app to my computer, I get a popup message that says, "File Transfer - Local transfer failed. Try remote transfer? - Remember - Retry OK". For some reason my phone is not able to transfer files to my computer locally but my computer is able to transfer files to my phone locally. If you could help in any way to resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Spencer Arnsberg
Hi,

Try add AirDroid into the Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall list to see if it helps:

Coffee
Admin
bobo

checking the firewall settings worked for me. in the Allowed Programs and Features, there were 2 entries for AirDroid. the first entry, was set to Public, and the other entry set to Private. I deleted one of the entries. in the remaining entry, i Check Marked both Private and Public. Then, my android worked fine to do Local Transfer. Thank you.
bobo
bobo

the files transferred from android to pc did get transferred but I saw an odd bump in the process: my Windows Folder view of my Download folder showed the jpg fiels ending in .jpg.tb and the mp4 videos ending a long hairy number; both jpg and mp4 files showed 0KB (zero KB). I went back to my PC AirDroid and clicked on the Magnifying Glass icon on one of the mp4 files, which opens up the Windows Folder containing the file - and lo and behold, those files were changed into standard jpg and mp4 files. Yay!
bobo
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235543

Latest Member: bejar

Online: 68