v3.1.5.2 - Failed to Upload. No permission to write to external SD card (AirDroid Web)question

Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:22 pm in General

page 1 / 1
gdthos
OP

v3.1.5.2 - Failed to Upload. No permission to write to external SD card (AirDroid Web)

Airdroid Web (Chrome / MacBook)
Android Version: 5.1.1
AirDroid Version: 3.1.5.2

I've been using AirDroid for almost a month now. The problem that I am currently having is a problem that occurred once before, a couple of weeks ago - but it appeared to fix itself after a few hours. I am unsure how or why it happened in the first place or how or why it fixed itself, but I am now having it again, for the past couple of hours.

When I try to copy files to my external SD card, using AirDroid Web, an error message pops up saying "Failed to Upload. No permission to write to external SD card."

I have tried the following steps to fix the problem:
  • Signed out of AirDroid on phone
  • Signed out of AirDroid on computer
  • Uninstalled AirDroid from phone
  • Uninstalled AirDroid from computer
  • Deleted cache on phone
  • Deleted Internet Cache from computer
  • Restarted phone
  • Restarted computer
  • Restarted modem router
  • Re-installed AirDroid on phone
  • Re-installed AirDroid on computer
  • Signed back into AirDroid on all devices.
...but I am still having the same problem.

Can you please help me with this?
gdthos
Coffee Admin

Re: v3.1.5.2 - Failed to Upload. No permission to write to external SD card (AirDroid Web)

Airdroid Web (Chrome / MacBook)
Android Version: 5.1.1
AirDroid Version: 3.1.5.2

I've been using AirDroid for almost a month now. The problem that I am currently having is a problem that occurred once before, a couple of weeks ago - but it appeared to fix itself after a few hours. I am unsure how or why it happened in the first place or how or why it fixed itself, but I am now having it again, for the past couple of hours.

When I try to copy files to my external SD card, using AirDroid Web, an error message pops up saying "Failed to Upload. No permission to write to external SD card."

I have tried the following steps to fix the problem:
  • Signed out of AirDroid on phone
  • Signed out of AirDroid on computer
  • Uninstalled AirDroid from phone
  • Uninstalled AirDroid from computer
  • Deleted cache on phone
  • Deleted Internet Cache from computer
  • Restarted phone
  • Restarted computer
  • Restarted modem router
  • Re-installed AirDroid on phone
  • Re-installed AirDroid on computer
  • Signed back into AirDroid on all devices.
...but I am still having the same problem.

Can you please help me with this?

Hi,

Have you told AirDroid the right path of extSD? You can check if this guide helps: [Help & FAQ] How to Manage Files Saved to External SD Card on Android 5.0+?

And here's a test version that fixed some issues in managing extSD, pls give it a try: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl.airdroid.com/AirDroid-Test-3152-0910.apk
外外記憶 likes this post.
Coffee
Admin
gdthos

Re: v3.1.5.2 - Failed to Upload. No permission to write to external SD card (AirDroid Web)

Thank you for responding.

Yes, I went through the steps to tell the app the correct path for the External SD card.

I downloaded and installed that test version, but the problem is still the same.

As you can see in this screengrab, it is set up correctly. It just stops working randomly during uploads. Sometimes it fails from the very start.

This is the error message:

外外記憶 likes this post.
gdthos
Coffee Admin

Thank you for responding.

Yes, I went through the steps to tell the app the correct path for the External SD card.

I downloaded and installed that test version, but the problem is still the same.

As you can see in this screengrab, it is set up correctly. It just stops working randomly during uploads. Sometimes it fails from the very start.

[sizeimg=100%xauto]http://s13.postimg.org/agab6x8sn/Screen_Shot_2015_11_13_at_9_44_49_a_m.png[/sizeimg]

This is the error message:

Hi,

Sometimes you can upload files to extSD successfully? Sometimes it failed?
Coffee
Admin
pedroasantospaiva

I have the same problem!
For transfer files for my SD, I have to connect the USB. For Airdroid is impossible.
pedroasantospaiva
Coffee Admin

I have the same problem!
For transfer files for my SD, I have to connect the USB. For Airdroid is impossible.
Have you done the settings successfully with this guide: [Help & FAQ] How to Manage Files Saved to External SD Card on Android 5.0+?

And pls update to the latest version to see if it helps.
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235570

Latest Member: karthi

Online: 180