Server won't start if eth0 is enabledquestion

Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:17 pm in General

page 1 / 1
leToff
OP

Server won't start if eth0 is enabled

Hi there,

Trying to connect to an Android box (Minix X7) from my laptop isn't possible if Ethernet eth0 address is set on that box. It's only possible when only Wifi address is set. Is this a bug or a feature ? ;)

PS: using nmap from my laptop I can see no server is listening on the choosen port.
Tia.
leToff
leToff
Coffee Admin

Re: Server won't start if eth0 is enabled

Hi,

Sorry that device connected to Ethernet is not supported by AirDroid :(

We'll consider improving this in future updates.
Coffee
Admin
leToff

Thanks for the reply.

I hope you'll change that strange behaviour in the near future. Aidroid is a great tool and I can't see why the physical layer is of any importance in the whole process. Enabling a server like yours to listen to every IP address on the host should not be a headache.
BTW Android is now available on so many devices that you should really consider this evolution.

Thanks again.
leToff
Coffee Admin

Thanks for the reply.

I hope you'll change that strange behaviour in the near future. Aidroid is a great tool and I can't see why the physical layer is of any importance in the whole process. Enabling a server like yours to listen to every IP address on the host should not be a headache.
BTW Android is now available on so many devices that you should really consider this evolution.

Thanks again.
Thanks for the suggestion :)

I've sent this to the product team.
Coffee
Admin
JDB

Figured I revive this as my issue is similar. I have an Asus Tinker Board running Android connecting via Ethernet. It works, but AirDroid detects it as a Cellular connection (I assume it does as 'If WiFi disconnected assume cellular').
It means it's routing all of the AirMirror packets over the internet even though my Mac/Android are in the same LAN.
Any chance you can update the 'IF' statement to check for Etherent as well as WiFi?
JDB
Xavi+S

JDB wrote:Figured I revive this as my issue is similar. I have an Asus Tinker Board running Android connecting via Ethernet. It works, but AirDroid detects it as a Cellular connection (I assume it does as 'If WiFi disconnected assume cellular').
It means it's routing all of the AirMirror packets over the internet even though my Mac/Android are in the same LAN.
Any chance you can update the 'IF' statement to check for Etherent as well as WiFi?

Hi have the same issue with my Android Box,I think will be easy check if all devices are in the same network and connect local with ethernet and wifi connections no only wifi as happen now. Please correct this issue, there are a lot of android devices with ethernet connection.
Xavi+S
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 97