AirDroid losing connection to device when device switches carriersquestion

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:57 pm in General

page 1 / 1
Patrick McHargue
OP

AirDroid losing connection to device when device switches carriers

Using Google fi. When my phone switches from a local WiFi connection to an LTE connection, or back again, AirDroid (windows app & chrome web page) loses it connection.

Is there some way that the phone client can be setup to re-acquire a connection to either/or the Windows desktop app, or the Chrome-based web page when this happens? Maybe there's a way to detect the switch, and re-attempt the last connection status. heck, maybe periodic attempts based on the last connection status?

Anyone else have this problem? Any fix?

Also, I keep getting multiple pop-ups when I get a notification from my phone. Does using both the windows app & chrome web page at the same time do this?

Pat
Patrick McHargue
Dora Admin

Re: AirDroid losing connection to device when device switches carriers

Using Google fi. When my phone switches from a local WiFi connection to an LTE connection, or back again, AirDroid (windows app & chrome web page) loses it connection.

Is there some way that the phone client can be setup to re-acquire a connection to either/or the Windows desktop app, or the Chrome-based web page when this happens? Maybe there's a way to detect the switch, and re-attempt the last connection status. heck, maybe periodic attempts based on the last connection status?

Anyone else have this problem? Any fix?

Also, I keep getting multiple pop-ups when I get a notification from my phone. Does using both the windows app & chrome web page at the same time do this?

Pat
Hi,

AirDroid desktop client should be able to reconnect automatically when your phone switched from a local wifi to LTE network. Would you please send us the logs to help us troubleshot it? You can find logs here:
C:\Users\admin\Documents\AirDroid\logs
or Right click on AirDroid icon > select open file location > logs and exception

As to the multiple pop-ups, it should be the problem of using both AirDroid desktop client and web.airdroid.com at the same time. Please close one of them to see if it works fine?
Dora
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 122