Metadata of files missing and other disappointments with AirDroidquestion

Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:25 am in General

page 1 / 1
jesshtconem8
OP

Metadata of files missing and other disappointments with AirDroid

Anyone else disappointed Airdroid doesn't save metadata from original files in its backup location on your computer?

I thought I had finally found the answer to my backup issues between my HTC One M8 and my Macbook Pro. So I download Airdroid (all USB and Bluetooth attempts having failed), and it only starts downloading pictures. Plus, I go to my backups folder once it is done, and the details about when the image was originally taken, and the folder it was in, are gone.

Anyone know an alternative program that conserves this metadata?

Two other things I was also disappointed to find: My .aac files apparently can't be backed up either, which was the main point of downloading Airdroid. And two: the app is not straightforward about the fact that only pictures get backed up with the free version. The backup screen on my mac said 'Back up videos and photos' and then in smaller font at the bottom 'Upgrade to Premium to back up videos'. WTF? Looks like the Aidroid developers have made the same mistake lots of other developers do: they try to hook you in with a free app, not being up front about what you can and can't do with the free version, and then tries to sneakily con you into getting the premium version because you're already 'vested' in it. Ha! All this does is serve to piss off potential customers. And it really undermines any level of trust we might have with the organisation behind the app and its values.

Needless to say, I'll be ditching Airdroid and continuing my search for back up options elsewhere.
jesshtconem8
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235381

Latest Member: Ts

Online: 18