AirMirror securityquestion

Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:00 am in General

page 1 / 1
SamD
OP

AirMirror security

Hey there,

I love the AirMirror keyboard typing feature but am concerned about the security of it. I could not find any information or reference on airdroid.com concerning this.

I understand that I had to create an account and use the Desktop client (Win) to use AirMirror. Now I'm wondering if the keyboard typing is still transmitted through my local (WiFi) connection to AirDroid or if my keyboard data is transmitted over the internet&AirDroid servers. The latter would be (obviously) questionable?

Thanks for a short reply,

Sam
SamD
Lillian Admin

Re: AirMirror security

Hey there,

I love the AirMirror keyboard typing feature but am concerned about the security of it. I could not find any information or reference on airdroid.com concerning this.

I understand that I had to create an account and use the Desktop client (Win) to use AirMirror. Now I'm wondering if the keyboard typing is still transmitted through my local (WiFi) connection to AirDroid or if my keyboard data is transmitted over the internet&AirDroid servers. The latter would be (obviously) questionable?

Thanks for a short reply,

Sam
Hi, in local connection, data are transferred directly between your phone and pc, without getting thru the server.
In remote connection mode, data would get thru the server, but all the data would not stored, which you could rest assured of it.
You can check this post for more information about it: http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15917
Lillian
Admin
SamD

Re: AirMirror security

Thank you very much for clarification.
SamD
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234875