Why does AirDroid change the date on files under backup?

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:59 am in General

page 1 / 1
Trine
OP

Why does AirDroid change the date on files under backup?

Hi

I've just finished my first backup from Android 4.4.2 to Mac OS X 10.7.5. It took me several days with lots of stops and breakdowns and me monitoring the process closely, before the process of backing up approximately 5800 photos happily succeeded. Atferwards I discovered, that all the dates of making the specific files, have changed from a wide range over 2-3 years to the date and time of the backup of that specific files. (This mkaes trouble in my archive).

Why is that?

And how do I easily get the original date and time connected to files again?

Looking forward to hearing your kind answer.

– Trine
Trine
Lillian Admin

Re: Why does AirDroid change the date on files under backup?

Hi

I've just finished my first backup from Android 4.4.2 to Mac OS X 10.7.5. It took me several days with lots of stops and breakdowns and me monitoring the process closely, before the process of backing up approximately 5800 photos happily succeeded. Atferwards I discovered, that all the dates of making the specific files, have changed from a wide range over 2-3 years to the date and time of the backup of that specific files. (This mkaes trouble in my archive).

Why is that?

And how do I easily get the original date and time connected to files again?

Looking forward to hearing your kind answer.

– Trine

Hi Trine,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience that may have caused.

For now the date of photos can not be changed automatically to the original date.
We do understand how uneasily you have made the Backup and now it causes you problem...Sorry again for that

We will try to improve this in the future when it is technically feasible.
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235019

Latest Member: lying lichen

Online: 29