Airmirror not working on BlackBerry Priv via USBquestion

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:27 pm in General

page 1 / 1
KP
OP

Airmirror not working on BlackBerry Priv via USB

I've used AirDroid on a few different devices and have a number of friends happily using it, but I've run into an issue using it with my BlackBerry Priv. Specifically the AirMirror (non-root) option, it just continuously displays 'Please connect your Android device via USB cable'. Here's the odd part, using a different mirroring app like Vysor over exactly the same connection works fine. ADB is able to communicate with my device and it enumerates it just fine, so I believe that I've got access to the device setup properly (otherwise I would expect Vysor wouldn't work either).

Is there anything in particular that needs to be done from within AirDroid to get it to recognize my phone? Perhaps it's not looking for the correct USB device or is looking for a specific on that I don't have on my system? Of note, the Priv has an ADB driver provided by BlackBerry that is considerably faster and more reliable than the generic ADB driver. Just for reference the hardware ID under the 'BlackBerry Android Composite ADB Interface' device in device manager is 'VID_0FCA&PID_8032&REV_0300&MI_01'.

Hopefully this is something that can be easily resolved, I'd far prefer to use AirDroid to do screen mirroring of my device instead of Vysor (no desktop app, it runs inside of Chrome only). I wouldn't think it would take too much to get it working seeing as mirroring does work within other apps that utilize ADB / USB connectivity.
KP
Lillian Admin

Re: Airmirror not working on BlackBerry Priv via USB

I've used AirDroid on a few different devices and have a number of friends happily using it, but I've run into an issue using it with my BlackBerry Priv. Specifically the AirMirror (non-root) option, it just continuously displays 'Please connect your Android device via USB cable'. Here's the odd part, using a different mirroring app like Vysor over exactly the same connection works fine. ADB is able to communicate with my device and it enumerates it just fine, so I believe that I've got access to the device setup properly (otherwise I would expect Vysor wouldn't work either).

Is there anything in particular that needs to be done from within AirDroid to get it to recognize my phone? Perhaps it's not looking for the correct USB device or is looking for a specific on that I don't have on my system? Of note, the Priv has an ADB driver provided by BlackBerry that is considerably faster and more reliable than the generic ADB driver. Just for reference the hardware ID under the 'BlackBerry Android Composite ADB Interface' device in device manager is 'VID_0FCA&PID_8032&REV_0300&MI_01'.

Hopefully this is something that can be easily resolved, I'd far prefer to use AirDroid to do screen mirroring of my device instead of Vysor (no desktop app, it runs inside of Chrome only). I wouldn't think it would take too much to get it working seeing as mirroring does work within other apps that utilize ADB / USB connectivity.

Hi, Thanks for your info.

BlackBerry is not supported for now:(

Sorry for the trouble that has caused
Lillian
Admin
KP

That's too bad, I did a little 'tweaking' with Airdroid and your packaged ADB binary (AirDroid_adb.exe) and found that the ADB binary supported the phone just fine. Basically my tweaking involved 'tricking' Airdroid into thinking my Priv's vendor and device ID was a device with support, and then mirroring worked fine. Since other applications had no problem doing screen mirroring via USB/ADB with this device I assumed it was something relatively simple with Airdroid that was stopping the process at the device detection phase. Now while my modifications work, it will be a challenge to keep up with modifying things as new versions of the desktop client are released.

Hopefully this is something that you'll consider looking into as it didn't require a lot of work, just making sure that it recognizes the ID's used by the Priv. Maybe your engineers can get it to a point where if your ADB binary is able to connect and talk to any android device, then Airdroid could recognize that device and attempt to mirror the screen.

Otherwise I love the app! Airdroid is my top choice for the Mobile <-> Desktop applications currently and I think I'll be moving ahead with getting a premium membership. Thanks again for the response and I hope you'll consider wider device support for the screen mirroring functionality.
KP
Lillian Admin

That's too bad, I did a little 'tweaking' with Airdroid and your packaged ADB binary (AirDroid_adb.exe) and found that the ADB binary supported the phone just fine. Basically my tweaking involved 'tricking' Airdroid into thinking my Priv's vendor and device ID was a device with support, and then mirroring worked fine. Since other applications had no problem doing screen mirroring via USB/ADB with this device I assumed it was something relatively simple with Airdroid that was stopping the process at the device detection phase. Now while my modifications work, it will be a challenge to keep up with modifying things as new versions of the desktop client are released.

Hopefully this is something that you'll consider looking into as it didn't require a lot of work, just making sure that it recognizes the ID's used by the Priv. Maybe your engineers can get it to a point where if your ADB binary is able to connect and talk to any android device, then Airdroid could recognize that device and attempt to mirror the screen.

Otherwise I love the app! Airdroid is my top choice for the Mobile <-> Desktop applications currently and I think I'll be moving ahead with getting a premium membership. Thanks again for the response and I hope you'll consider wider device support for the screen mirroring functionality.

Hi, Thank you so much for your support!

It has been always delighted to hear from our users! Providing better user experience is always our priority, thus our developers have been trying to work out this issue.

Would you mind telling us more details about your Priv's vendor and device ID so that we can further develope?

It would be much helpful with your help.

You can directly state it here, or you can contact support@airdroid.com for further communication
KP likes this post.
Lillian
Admin
KP

Just for reference the hardware ID under the 'BlackBerry Android Composite ADB Interface' device in device manager is 'VID_0FCA&PID_8032&REV_0300&MI_01'.

Here's the section from my OP where I listed the VID/PID of the BlackBerry Priv. What I used in my 'tweak' was: 'VID_0FCA&PID_8032&MI_01' from the above string. (I just removed the REV_0300 portion from the string) There are the two listings for Hardware IDs in my device manager copy and pasted :

'USB\VID_0FCA&PID_8032&REV_0300&MI_01'
'USB\VID_0FCA&PID_8032&MI_01'

Thanks again for looking into this! :)
KP
Lillian Admin

Here's the section from my OP where I listed the VID/PID of the BlackBerry Priv. What I used in my 'tweak' was: 'VID_0FCA&PID_8032&MI_01' from the above string. (I just removed the REV_0300 portion from the string) There are the two listings for Hardware IDs in my device manager copy and pasted :

'USB\VID_0FCA&PID_8032&REV_0300&MI_01'
'USB\VID_0FCA&PID_8032&MI_01'

Thanks again for looking into this! Image
Hi, THX for your help.
Our tech guys will look into this issue. Pls kindly stay tuned.
We will keep updated when there is anything new
Lillian
Admin
KP

Just thought I'd check in and see if there was any word on this yet. Currently using a different application for pretty much everything I did with AirDroid but it would be nice to use Airdroid instead as I prefer its interface and accessibility.
KP
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235470

Latest Member: SaraM1980

Online: 101