Airdroid now needs admin rights? (3.3.5 update, Win10)question

Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:54 am in General

page 1 / 1
ukdaves
OP

Airdroid now needs admin rights? (3.3.5 update, Win10)

Just updated to the latest version on Windows 10, and it appears that Airdroid is now requesting escalation to admin rights to run - never did before. I've checked, and the 'require admin rights' box isn't ticked, so this appears 'built in' to the app.

NB: I'm talking about *running* the app, not installing it - i'd expect escalation/admin rights being required to install.

I can't run apps with Admin rights like this - so no more Airdroid!

Is this an error to be fixed, or am I now 'stuffed'?

Best,
dave
ukdaves
Lillian Admin

Re: Airdroid now needs admin rights? (3.3.5 update, Win10)

Just updated to the latest version on Windows 10, and it appears that Airdroid is now requesting escalation to admin rights to run - never did before. I've checked, and the 'require admin rights' box isn't ticked, so this appears 'built in' to the app.

NB: I'm talking about *running* the app, not installing it - i'd expect escalation/admin rights being required to install.

I can't run apps with Admin rights like this - so no more Airdroid!

Is this an error to be fixed, or am I now 'stuffed'?

Best,
dave

Hi Dave, would you please send us a screenshot of the notification asking admin right so that we can give it a check?
Lillian
Admin
ukdaves

Windows doesn't allow screenshots of escalation requests - but I can capture one with camera if required. However, it's just the standard windows escalation screen, which doesn't exactly give out any info.

I've tracked down what is - sort of - the cause.

The installer creates the Airdroid shortcut to point to Launcher.EXE - it is this app which appears to require the admin level rights. Airdroid.exe itself - if called directly - does not.

So, what is the role of Launcher.exe?

d*
ukdaves
Lillian Admin

Windows doesn't allow screenshots of escalation requests - but I can capture one with camera if required. However, it's just the standard windows escalation screen, which doesn't exactly give out any info.

I've tracked down what is - sort of - the cause.

The installer creates the Airdroid shortcut to point to Launcher.EXE - it is this app which appears to require the admin level rights. Airdroid.exe itself - if called directly - does not.

So, what is the role of Launcher.exe?

d*

Hi, Kindly note that AirDroid would try to request the admin right when Launcher needs to install .net framework for running for the first time, which requires the admin right. If you have tick to grant the admin right so that AirDroid could judge to install .net framework for Launcher, and then AirDroid can be running properly for the first time, and then please shut down and restart AirDroid program, and it does not need the admin right to run AirDroid .exe itself for the second time.
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 109