Unable to use AirMirror

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:35 pm in General

page 1 / 1
skoehler122
OP

Unable to use AirMirror

Hi -

I'm just trying this app for the first time, and the AirMirror feature is one of the most import ones to me, but I'm unable to get it to work. On my phone I'm running rooted Android 6.0 and AirDroid 4.0.0.1. The PC app says "Screen cannot be mirrored. You can click Retry to try again or try the non-root mode:" When I try from web.airdroid.com. I get "Failed to start service. Please reconnect or restart the android device" Notification Mirror service is enabled on my Android. I rebooted phone, and now from Windows app message is slightly different, "Failed to start service. Please reconnect or restart the Android device." I get notification of granting permissions on the phone when it tries to connect (which I granted once the first time), and a notification on my PC that my device connected.....just no screen mirror.

Any ideas?
skoehler122
Lillian Admin

Re: Unable to use AirMirror

Hi -

I'm just trying this app for the first time, and the AirMirror feature is one of the most import ones to me, but I'm unable to get it to work. On my phone I'm running rooted Android 6.0 and AirDroid 4.0.0.1. The PC app says "Screen cannot be mirrored. You can click Retry to try again or try the non-root mode:" When I try from web.airdroid.com. I get "Failed to start service. Please reconnect or restart the android device" Notification Mirror service is enabled on my Android. I rebooted phone, and now from Windows app message is slightly different, "Failed to start service. Please reconnect or restart the Android device." I get notification of granting permissions on the phone when it tries to connect (which I granted once the first time), and a notification on my PC that my device connected.....just no screen mirror.

Any ideas?

Hi,

1 Please open root application on your device and check the root permission to see if you have granted root permission to AirDroid.
2 Please try it again. If the issue happens again, pls send us screenshots of the error messages.
3 Please also send us log files so that we can troubleshoot the issue.
You can find the log files here:
Windows (AirDroid 3.3.4 and before):
C:\Users\admin\Documents\AirDroid\logs
Windows (AirDroid 3.3.5):
Please enter “%appdata%\airdroid\logs” on Windows explorer and you will find the log files.
Mac:
/Users/name/Library/Application Support/AirDroid/Logs
Phone:
/sdcard/airdroid/exception.log
SD Card/Android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/
SD card/Android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/main.log
MartinaTerraglia likes this post.
Lillian
Admin
MPG

Same problem. Using BlackBerry Priv (Android 6.0.1). Developer options enabled with USB debugging and Allow USB debugging in charging mode both enabled. Have also restarted phone. AirDroid Windows says Please connect your Android device via USB cable. It is connected and Windows 10 sees the phone.
MPG
Starb7

Yep, same issues here. I have reported (adding to another existing post) and saw yours too. I have to say that the level of response/feedback and the help pages are a bit lacking! I know it's not an expensive package and I am considering the u/g but not getting answers or fixes leads me to think there is litte support or worse still, no answer to the issues raised... so why pay for it?
Starb7
skoehler122

Lillian wrote:
Hi -

Any ideas?
Hi,

1 Please open root application on your device and check the root permission to see if you have granted root permission to AirDroid.
2 Please try it again. If the issue happens again, pls send us screenshots of the error messages.
3 Please also send us log files so that we can troubleshoot the issue.
You can find the log files here:
Windows (AirDroid 3.3.4 and before):
C:\Users\admin\Documents\AirDroid\logs
Windows (AirDroid 3.3.5):
Please enter “%appdata%\airdroid\logs” on Windows explorer and you will find the log files.
Mac:
/Users/name/Library/Application Support/AirDroid/Logs
Phone:

There was no exception.log or main.log in those locations specified on the phone. I did however attach a zip with:
- a screen shot showing AirDroid has root
- a screen shot showing the AirDroid app trying to do the mirror connect
- a screen shot showing the AirDroid app fail to connect
- a zip file containing the Windows logs

Please advise on any next steps.

Thanks!
Attachments
AirDroid.zip
(339.76 KB) Downloaded 324 times
skoehler122
Lillian Admin

Attachments AirDroid.zip(339.76 KB) Downloaded 13 times

Hi my friend, It seems there are only log files from PC. Would you mind sending us log files on your phone so that we can better assist you?

Phone:
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235382