WINDOWS CLIENT: Hangs at startup, displays odd iconquestion

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:21 pm in General

page 1 / 1
Ruggerbugger
OP

WINDOWS CLIENT: Hangs at startup, displays odd icon

Hello,
After using the Windows client of Airdroid for many years without problem, just recently, whenever I try to launch the application, it hangs on startup, displaying an odd promotional window in the corner of my screen.

There are some other odd things, too..
* The promotional window has no Windows borders on it, and cannot be moved by the mouse.
* The icon displaying in my taskbar is NOT the Airdroid logo. (This icon also displays in the task manager.)

The app never recovers and has to be terminated manually. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, to no good.

I've attached a screenshot:

Any ideas?
Attachments
temp.png
Ruggerbugger
Lillian Admin

Re: WINDOWS CLIENT: Hangs at startup, displays odd icon

Hello,
After using the Windows client of Airdroid for many years without problem, just recently, whenever I try to launch the application, it hangs on startup, displaying an odd promotional window in the corner of my screen.

There are some other odd things, too..
* The promotional window has no Windows borders on it, and cannot be moved by the mouse.
* The icon displaying in my taskbar is NOT the Airdroid logo. (This icon also displays in the task manager.)

The app never recovers and has to be terminated manually. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, to no good.

I've attached a screenshot:

[sizeimg=100%xauto]http://forums.airdroid.com/files/images/temp.png[/sizeimg]
Any ideas?AttachmentsImage

Hi, would you please send us log files of the date when the issue happened?
Please enter “%appdata%\airdroid\logs” on Windows explorer and you will find the log files.
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 87