Wifi connection without internetquestion

Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:27 pm in General

page 1 / 1
Slab
OP

Wifi connection without internet

Hi, I would like to be a new user of airdroid. Some questions arised

1- Can i connect airdrid and pc via wifi without an internet conection. I don't want my data to move through the internet

2- If so, Can I use allways the same ip to conect without codes between phone andn pc

3- Is there a size limit for free transfer for airdroid?

Thanks in advance for your help in making me an airdroider!!
Slab
Lillian Admin

Re: Wifi connection without internet

Hi, I would like to be a new user of airdroid. Some questions arised

1- Can i connect airdrid and pc via wifi without an internet conection. I don't want my data to move through the internet

2- If so, Can I use allways the same ip to conect without codes between phone andn pc

3- Is there a size limit for free transfer for airdroid?

Thanks in advance for your help in making me an airdroider!!

Hi Slab,
Thanks for that!

1- AirDroid now supports connecting via LAN connection mode, which does not eat up mobile data! When it is in LAN, all the data transferred does not get thru the outside internet as long as your phone and PC connect to the same WiFi.

2- The method to log in and connect on web.airdroid.com with IP address or scanning QR code are totally different. You can always choose to log in on web.airdroid.com with IP address that is called Lite Mode. And the IP address showing on AirDroid on your device is relatively stable, and it does not change unless the network has been changed on your device.

3- Pls check this screenshot:

Slab likes this post.
Lillian
Admin
Slab

Thanks for the reply @Lillian if you don't mind I have some other doubts

1- If both PC and mobile are connected to the same router, when airdroid transfer data...Does it uses the internet or the locar net? (As far as I understtood from your reply, just the local web

2-To connect both devices when they are connected to the same router. It is just as simple as having a shortcut of "web.airdroid.com" to connect trough the local net or do I have to type de IP (kind of http://192.168.0.1XX.8888) if ip changes frecuently it is quite annoying to type everytime you connect your device

3- Thanks for showing the promotion. Can you post the place to join the promo? I google that promo and it seems it is jus for the first 2 months isnt it? And as I can see the free airdroid version is limited to 200 MB total size and 30 MB file size Am I rigth? How often this limited is refreshed? montly?

Thanks again for your great help, many info I found was obsolete or confussing, now it is much clearer to me,

Thanx Lillian!
Slab
Lillian Admin

Thanks for the reply @Lillian if you don't mind I have some other doubts

1- If both PC and mobile are connected to the same router, when airdroid transfer data...Does it uses the internet or the locar net? (As far as I understtood from your reply, just the local web

2-To connect both devices when they are connected to the same router. It is just as simple as having a shortcut of "web.airdroid.com" to connect trough the local net or do I have to type de IP (kind of http://192.168.0.1XX.8888) if ip changes frecuently it is quite annoying to type everytime you connect your device

3- Thanks for showing the promotion. Can you post the place to join the promo? I google that promo and it seems it is jus for the first 2 months isnt it? And as I can see the free airdroid version is limited to 200 MB total size and 30 MB file size Am I rigth? How often this limited is refreshed? montly?

Thanks again for your great help, many info I found was obsolete or confussing, now it is much clearer to me,

Thanx Lillian!

Hi, Sorry for the late reply.

1. When in LAN (same WiFi), the transferred data (files, pics, videos, etc) use the local network, and not getting thru the internet outside. Therefore please select the trusted network

2. Kindly note that Lite mode requires enter the IP address everytime you log in web.airdroid.com for security concerns. The IP address changes due to the networks change. If the phone connects to the same WiFi, the IP address is relatively stable and does not change often.And you can also choose to log in with account and PW on web.airdroid.com in which you can choose "stay signed in for 2 weeks".

3. As for the promotion, pls check this post and see if it helps: http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15881
And for free account, the remote data quota is 200MB, including file transfer, receiving and replying desktop notification, and AirMirror in remote connection. If it is LAN connection mode, it does not cost the 200MB remote data. Pls check this post for info about LAN and remote connection mode: http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15944
As for 30MB, it means that if it is remote connection mode, free account can only transfer a file with maximum of 30MB once.
And yes it refreshes every month since the date you sign up the account.
Lillian
Admin
ay ah

I already installed airdroid in my mobile phone and my PC - it's till not connected

Dear Lillian wrote:Almost 1 week I was trying to connected the airdroid in my mobile phone and my PC but up to now is still not connected.
I already set the "wake up" condition in my mobile, the air mirror notification also already opened. But there is till not connected.

Please assist me how to make it easy ...
Fyi, my mobile phone is Lenovo and my PC with OS Ubuntu LTS

Rgds,
Fery
ay ah
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235025

Latest Member: محمد رحمتی

Online: 42