Airmirror ignores desktop keyboard key pressesquestion

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:18 pm in General

page 1 / 1
brad
OP

Airmirror ignores desktop keyboard key presses

The title says it all I think. I'm successfully using Airmirror, but the desktop keyboard seems to do nothing. When I click on a text area, the soft keyboard on android doesn't come up and I get the "Airdrop Keyboard Ready" banner as expected. However, when I type on my desktop keyboard, nothing I type affects the text box on Android. The keyboard icon on the Airmirror window (on web.airdroid.com) does not appear highlighted like it is in some screenshots I've seen. Is there something I need to do to enable it?

brad
Lillian Admin

Re: Airmirror ignores desktop keyboard key presses

The title says it all I think. I'm successfully using Airmirror, but the desktop keyboard seems to do nothing. When I click on a text area, the soft keyboard on android doesn't come up and I get the "Airdrop Keyboard Ready" banner as expected. However, when I type on my desktop keyboard, nothing I type affects the text box on Android. The keyboard icon on the Airmirror window (on web.airdroid.com) does not appear highlighted like it is in some screenshots I've seen. Is there something I need to do to enable it?

Hi,
To solve the issue for you more quickly and efficiently, would you please report this issue via Feedback with AirDroid on your computer?
Here's the post of instructions about how to report the issue: http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28317

Please do tick the box of “Attach error logs” so that our developers can check the issue for you. It would help us to gather the troubleshoot with more details (there’s no personal data collected), we shall be able to prioritize your request.
brad likes this post.
Lillian
Admin
brad

Thank you Lilian! When I went to try and report the problem I found that it is no longer a problem! Maybe restarting Airdroid fixed it? In any case, if I encounter it again I'm not sure how to report it in the web version of the app. I run Linux (Ubuntu based), as far as I know there is no native client for Linux, is that right?
brad
brad

@Lillian Shoot, and now it's not working again. No idea how I'm messing this up. And I don't see any way to leave feedback from the web app.
brad
brad

OK, I submitted feedback through the Android app. Hopefully that helps.
Lillian likes this post.
brad
brad

Hi,
To solve the issue for you more quickly and efficiently, would you please report this issue via Feedback with AirDroid on your computer?
Here's the post of instructions about how to report the issue: http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28317

Please do tick the box of “Attach error logs” so that our developers can check the issue for you. It would help us to gather the troubleshoot with more details (there’s no personal data collected), we shall be able to prioritize your request.
Lillian, I think I've finally found the pattern. It works perfectly in "Remote Connection Mode" or in "Local Connection Mode" when the phone and computer are on the same WI-FI network. However, if I start the phone's hotspot and connect the computer to it, AirDroid starts in "Local Connection Mode" as expected and everything I've tried works except for the keyboard sharing. They're on the same subnet, it should work shouldn't it? Maybe AirDroid has trouble opening a certain port that is needed on the Hotspot network?
brad
brad

Lillian, maybe you could relocate this thread to the "Issues" forum? It is essential to me that the keyboard works over the hotspot network.
brad
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235018

Latest Member: amir

Online: 57