FAQ - General

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:42 pm in General

page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
Tom_Administrator
OP

FAQ - General

What is AirDroid?[/b]AirDroid is a fast, free app that lets you wirelessly manage & control your Android devices (phone & tablet) from a web browser. It’s designed with the vision to bridge the gap between your Android device and web browser, on desktop computers or tablet devices, on Windows or Mac.What can I do with AirDroid?
[/b]You can use AirDroid to send/receive SMS (text messages, if supported by the device), install/uninstall apps, transfer files between Android device and computer/tablet, and manage contacts, photos, music, and ringtones, etc., all in a web browser. Install AirDroid on your Android device and open your favorite web browser to experience it yourself.How to get started with AirDroid and how to login to AirDroid web desktop?
[/b]Download and install AirDroid app on your Android devices, start the app and open your favorite web browser, input the address and Dynamic Password to login to AirDroid Web Desktop. Detailed steps: Tips: The Android device and computer need to be connected to the same WiFi network to be able to connect. Don't have WiFi? Try this tutorial.1. Open AirDroid on your Android device and tap Start. The web address (looks like http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8888) to visit will be revealed, and a new Dynamic Password will be generated or the Predefined Password will be displayed (looks as predefined). 2. Open your favorite web browser to visit the web address above. Enter the Dynamic Password or Predefined Password from the previous step and click Login. 3. You’ll login to the AirDroid Web Desktop.Don't have WiFi network?
[/b]Some Android devices can be used as a portable modem in that you can hook it up to your PC via USB or tethering so you can use it as a Wi-Fi hub. After you have connected your computer to the WiFi hub you can use AirDroid to manage and control your Android device. Warning: Using your Android phone as a WiFi hub enables your computer to use your phone's data service, so please make sure you have an affordable data plan. Via USB:Use the USB cable that came with your phone to connect your Android device to your computer.1. Press Home, press Menu, and touch Settings to open the Settings application.2. Touch Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot.3. Check USB tethering.4. Uncheck USB tethering to stop sharing your data connection. Or just disconnect the USB cable.Tethering:Press Home, press Menu, and touch Settings to open the Settings application.Press Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot.Check Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.Uncheck Portable Wi-Fi hotspot to stop sharing your data connection via Wi-Fi.Is AirDroid free?
[/b]AirDroid is completely free. You can download it for free from the Android Market here.Is AirDroid Safe?
[/b]Your Data security is among the top priority of AirDroid and industry standards are strictly implemented. And we'll never store your personal data without your explicit consent.What are the requirements to run AirDroid?
[/b]The AirDroid Android app should be compatible with most Android devices running Android 2.1 or later (4.0 is not supported yet). The Web Desktop should be compatible with most modern web browsers, including Chrome 12 or later, Firefox 3.6 or later, Safari 5.0 or later (For best performance IE is not recommended). Support for mobile browsers, like Safari on iPad, is experimental. The Android device and computer need to be in the same WiFi network to connect.What’s Dynamic Password?
[/b]Dynamic Password is used to login to Web Desktop. A new Dynamic Password is generated each time the AirDroid app is started and will be displayed on the home screen if no Predefined Password is set. You’ll need this password to login to the web desktop if you don’t set a Predefined Password. For security purposes, each Dynamic Password is valid for only one time and a new Dynamic Password is generated the next time you try to login. If you don’t like dynamic passwords, please try to set a Predefined Password.What’s Predefined Password?
[/b]Predefined Password, as the name suggests, is the password you can use to login to the web desktop at any time when connected. By default, Predefined Password is disabled. To enable it, please go to Settings(at the bottom column, you may need to slide the icons left to find it) on the Android app, find Predefined Password, press the On/Off button and set it to ON, input a password and press OK. Please note that when Predefined Password is enabled, the Dynamic Password will be disabled automatically and replaced by Predefined Password (shown as Predefined) on the home screen.Dynamic Password changes every time, can I set a predefined password?
[/b]Yes! By default, Predefined Password is disabled. To enable it, please go to Settings (at the bottom, you may need to slide the icons left to find it) on the Android app, find Predefined Password, press theOn/Off button and set it to ON, input a password and press OK. Please note that when Predefined Password is enabled, Dynamic Password will be disabled automatically and replaced by Predefined Password (shown as Predefined) on the home screen.I forget my Predefined Password!
[/b]If you forget or want to change the predefined Password, Please go to Settings, tap Edit, and input a new password. Tap OK to save and make it effective immediately.
Tom_Administrator
zeta

Title

This last build is great! Thanks!
zeta
RB12

Title

I have my droid phone and computer connected to the same WiFi, but I can't connected using airdroid, the message say that failed because they are not connected to same WiFi, I reset the WiFi modem and still have the same result, any idea what could happen?,
RB12
kimme

Title

Hi everybody!
OK, airdroid seems a really nice thing, but I was teached that "there is no free lunch", so what is your financial model, and, btw, who are you, guys?
warm regards from France
kimme
ciro_br

Title

what happens with my files, are they saved on your server or do they delete and reload them each time i log in ? how can i be sure that some of my files are not save on your servers or online ?
ciro_br
chief1978

Title

Hello, how to I remove the clipboard from the main page? I saved something to clipboard but would like it totally off the airdroid main screen. Please help. Thanks
chief1978
nursepamski

Title

Hola, quisiera saber si tienen pensado hacerlo compatible con Opera Browser
nursepamski
panser

Title

hello my android device does online work over lan NOT w-lan to airdroid.
what is the mistake?
the android device can work over w-lan.
can someone help me?
panser
T2Small

Title

Seems great although my contacts won't load? Can anyone help?
Cheers :-)
T2Small
MastaKing

Title

It would be really nice if there was an option to use a QR code on local too, instead of only online.
MastaKing
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235389

Latest Member: manu

Online: 21