AirDroid 2: What’s Premium account?

Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:21 pm in General

page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
HotLightning

Title

I echo the concerns here:Is Premium a "free" servicewill it remain free?I use Airdroid to link to my PC via the LAN I dont want it to use my 3G Data allowance(s)This is already a problem - when I simply tried sending the password via 3G the next thing I got was a message that my "account was being used in breach of their terms" (I know its pretty stupid but these guys run phone systems and haven't really got the hang of internet!)I don't need phone lock/removal features I already have Lookout and Cerebus (Cerebus does this better)I hate there being a premium version of any free software because the advertising for this within the progame is TOO intrusive & sooner or later you end you end up clicking the wrong button and find yourself paying for something you don't want (a la Evernote - now half the screen is taken offering Premium search.I don't want to have everything and its dog linked together in ways that become to complicated to manage (G+, Facebook, WordPress, Evernote, Skydrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Twitter & now Airdroid?)Finally what's the point of a forum if you guys don't monitor and respond when needed?
HotLightning
ysun

Title

What will the cost be?
ysun
firefox437

Title

Don't you see big and loud :)
"Get AirDroid 2 Premium for free!" so it's free why you want to pay?!? I think you can make donations.
http://www.airdroid.com/page/share/
Though I think it's about a one time 2 months gift, after that again 100Mb/month, it seems this is the only downside or i am wrong?
firefox437
ysun

Title

I understand it is/was two months free. I want to know what it will be after the two months.
ysun
stevie87

Title

I'm also curious what the following tidbits.
1GB remote data transfer quota each month
Transfer larger files (up to 100MB for a single file)

Both are low quotas for frequent usage. How does local network transfer count against these quotas?
stevie87
ysun

Title

The quota ticker only changes on the Remote Connection Mode. 99.9% sure that Local does not count.
ysun
KristianVm

Title

The quota would only be for remote connections that go though Airdroid's servers. Local firewalls and address proxying would stop a client-to-server data connection across networks, so an external data passing server would be required to make the connection client-server-client2. These servers would cost Airdroid. So they don't want you doing weird high data apps through it.

I'm still not quite sure how you would be on a different network to your phone unless you had very long arms :)
KristianVm
ysun

Title

Twenty days remaining on my free trial premium membership. Perhaps I will find out then how much it will cost. Or since the connection is still not reliable they will renew my free trial...
ysun
ruediger

Title

Hi all. What is the connection difference about "Remote connection mode" and "Lan connection mode", when phone connect to a PC? In some cases, shows one mode and sometimes connects to the other mode.
Is there a relation to the type of connection with the paid version and the free version?
ruediger
bish

Title

Sadly this utility has now become more awkward to use than simply connecting my phone to my computer with a USB lead, so I guess we shall have to part ways.
bish
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 111