[New] AirDroid v3.1.5 Update, Manage Files in External SD Card with AirDroid Web!

Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:01 am in AirDroid News

page 1 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to
Coffee Admin
OP

[New] AirDroid v3.1.5 Update, Manage Files in External SD Card with AirDroid Web!

Since Android 4.4, Google has restricted the access permission to the external SD card. Managing files in external SD card becomes a tough task.

However, the Android 5.0 restored the functionality of SD card again. Google still loves SD Card ;) And now, with AirDroid v3.1.5, you can manage files in external SD card with AirDroid Web again!

Before you go to AirDroid Web and manage files in external SD card, you need to configure some settings in AirDroid app first. It’s quite easy. Just go to Files in AirDroid app > External SD, and you’ll get a pop-up guiding you how to configure:

More detailed guide: [Help & FAQ] How to Manage Files Saved to External SD Card on Android 5.0+?

Viewing & editing text files on AirDroid Web is another new feature introduced in v3.1.5. Anthony (the Android developer) confirmed that this feature makes it easier to check logs, bug report, etc. in the phone on bigger screen! What’s more, UTF-8 text files can be edited on AirDroid Web!

The new version also fixed several bugs: bug of QR code login, bug of sending duplicated SMS for some devices running Android 4.4+, and more!

AirDroid Web/Android v3.1.5 Changelog:
New features:
1. Manage files saved on External SD card on Android 5.0+.
2. View text files from within Files in AirDroid Web. UTF-8 files can also be edited.

Bug fixes & improvements:
1. Fixed a bug with QR code login for some devices.
2. Fixed a bug that causes sending duplicated SMS for some devices running Android 4.4+.
3. Fixed a logic bug with file management.
4. Fixed a bug where files with "?" in names can not be uploaded.5. Other bug fixes and improvements.

Update Now to Check the Improvements!
Coffee
Admin
pavan kumar

Re: [New] AirDroid v3.1.5 Update, Manage Files in External SD Card with AirDroid Web!

hai all
i have updated just now and want write files on external sd card. i followed what u said to set path of external sd card but at the last step when i pressed Select "External SD card" it came back to the first step !! tried so many time but did not succeeded. please help me on this issue
my cell model Samsung galaxy note 3 SM-N900 India
thank you
pavan kumar
vincepoy

Re: [New] AirDroid v3.1.5 Update, Manage Files in External SD Card with AirDroid Web!

On the LG G4 running Android Lollipop v5.1, 3.1.4 works fine but 3.1.5 stops when run even after a uninstall/reinstall.
vincepoy
Coffee Admin

hai all
i have updated just now and want write files on external sd card. i followed what u said to set path of external sd card but at the last step when i pressed Select "External SD card" it came back to the first step !! tried so many time but did not succeeded. please help me on this issue
my cell model Samsung galaxy note 3 SM-N900 India
thank you
Hi,

Please go to AirDroid Web > Files > System > Storage and send us the directories:

Go to AirDroid app, and make sure the path is the root directory:

And send us the main.log in SD Card/Android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/

Coffee
Admin
Coffee Admin

On the LG G4 running Android Lollipop v5.1, 3.1.4 works fine but 3.1.5 stops when run even after a uninstall/reinstall.

Hi, please attach the log in your phone here: /sdcard/airdroid/exception.log Thanks!
ayah lovemamah likes this post.
Coffee
Admin
vincepoy

Contents of /sdcard/airdroid/exception.log to aid in troubleshooting:2015-08-20 22:25:53/njava.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.sand.airdroid.vnc.RemoteInput
at com.sand.airdroid.vnc.RemoteHelper.b(RemoteHelper.java:57)
at com.sand.airdroid.ui.main.MainActivity.onCreate(MainActivity.java:185)
at com.sand.airdroid.ui.main.MainActivity_.onCreate(MainActivity_.java:50)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6093)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1106)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2325)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2434)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:162)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1349)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5424)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:913)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:706)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:115)
vincepoy
Coffee Admin

Contents of /sdcard/airdroid/exception.log to aid in troubleshooting:2015-08-20 22:25:53/njava.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.sand.airdroid.vnc.RemoteInput
at com.sand.airdroid.vnc.RemoteHelper.b(RemoteHelper.java:57)
at com.sand.airdroid.ui.main.MainActivity.onCreate(MainActivity.java:185)
at com.sand.airdroid.ui.main.MainActivity_.onCreate(MainActivity_.java:50)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6093)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1106)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2325)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2434)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:162)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1349)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5424)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:913)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:706)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:115)
Hi, thanks! We're looking into it now. Will let you know when it's fixed :)
Coffee
Admin
vincepoy

Hi, thanks! We're looking into it now. Will let you know when it's fixed Image
Problem is fixed in 3.1.5.1. I noticed in 3.1.5.1 which works fine, it is not showing "External SD" under Files in the app as I know my External SD Card is located under the path /storage/external_SD path since several other apps accesses it there.
vincepoy
Coffee Admin

@vincepoy

Hi,

Please check my reply in this thread, #3
Coffee
Admin
pavan kumar

This is the problem i am facing please solve this issue thank you!!
pavan kumar
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 27