[Help & FAQ] How to Start Bonjour Service

Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:58 pm in FAQ

page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
ADDLED

Re: [Help & FAQ] How to Start Bonjour Service

I changed devices and installed Airdroid on the new one, and just noticed this "Bonjour" crap on my browser.
This is unsolicited software, it is SPAM, Malware and it's really sh!tty practice installing crap software without giving the option to refuse at install stage. Worse still is that I have Airdroid premium so I'm paying already, so it's not as if I'm leeching your product for free and you need to offload third-party crap to make it pay.

I own a PC, do not use apple, have hugely negative opinions of everything apple, and I DO NOT WANT APPLE PRODUCTS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

As a result of this Ive also deleted Airdroid. Good riddance Airdroid and au revoir Bonjour.
tfegan3 likes this post.
ADDLED
Coffee Admin

I changed devices and installed Airdroid on the new one, and just noticed this "Bonjour" crap on my browser.
This is unsolicited software, it is SPAM, Malware and it's really sh!tty practice installing crap software without giving the option to refuse at install stage. Worse still is that I have Airdroid premium so I'm paying already, so it's not as if I'm leeching your product for free and you need to offload third-party crap to make it pay.

I own a PC, do not use apple, have hugely negative opinions of everything apple, and I DO NOT WANT APPLE PRODUCTS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

As a result of this Ive also deleted Airdroid. Good riddance Airdroid and au revoir Bonjour.
Sorry that Bonjour service is for Friends & Nearby feature of AirDroid. You can delete Bonjour service whenever you want. :(

And sorry to see you go. Hope you can come back to us in the future :(
Coffee
Admin
Cartman34

Coffee wrote:

Sorry that Bonjour service is for Friends & Nearby feature of AirDroid. You can delete Bonjour service whenever you want. :(

And sorry to see you go. Hope you can come back to us in the future :(

I am also very disappointed to see that AirDroid tries to install Bonjour Service on my PC, i don't want any Apple's product on my PC.
This feature is useless for my usage and a software should never try to install another one without this is a choosen option.
Baba Lawrence likes this post.
Cartman34
Paskudnyyy

Every time when I use Airdroid it instals Bonjour on my PC.How to avoid that?
Paskudnyyy
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

I had forgotten about this. I think it's the reason I uninstalled Airdroid the first time.

I will uninstall Bonjour, and if Airdroid continues to work, all is well. (Sharing is not a feature I use.)

I do think, however, that the installer should ask if Bonjour is wanted.
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries
Charlene Admin

Hi all, sorry for our late reply. Usually, it won't ask you to install Bonjour service unless you enter into Nearby feature. :)
Charlene
Admin
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

Unfortunately, Airdroid asks to install Bonjour each time I open the program after a restart.

This is not acceptable. How can it be stopped, please?
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries
thepham

EXEMPLOS :

WhatsApp : +55 2X 99924-XXXX
Você nem vai acreditar
Kkkkk

O WHATSAPP ESTÁ NORMAL ...
.................................................................................................................................................................

Messenger: Soraya Pereira
amiga to indo para pdreira com toninho

Messenger: Leon Fernandes 23:20
Oiii

NÃO ESTÁ NORMAL MAIS ... NÃO APARECE MAIS PARA MIM .

SÓ APARECE QUE TEVE UMA CONVERSA ...

PODE VERIFICAR ISSO POR FAVOR ?

DESDE JÁ AGRADEÇO-LHE
thepham
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

Unfortunately, Airdroid asks to install Bonjour each time I open the program after a restart.

Sadly, I've had to uninstall Airdroid because of Bonjour. I now use the web version only.

I have 50 days left on my subscription, so I hope to receive a response to this before it is time to renew.
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries
Charlene Admin

Hi,did you enter into Nearby feature when you start AirDroid desktop?
Charlene
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235020

Latest Member: janny

Online: 23