[Help & FAQ] How to Manage Files Saved to External SD Card on Android 5.0+?

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:46 am in FAQ

page 1 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to
Coffee Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] How to Manage Files Saved to External SD Card on Android 5.0+?

You can manage files saved in External SD card on Android 5.0+ since AirDroid v3.1.5. (Note: Android 4.4x still can't manage files in external SD card with AirDroid Web)

How to Configure the Settings in AirDroid App?
1. Go to Files in AirDroid app > SD card, you'll get a pop-up guiding you how to configure:

2. Make sure the path of the external SD card is the Root Directory of External SD card. If not, tap the menu icon at the upper left corner and select the correct one, and then tap "SELECT SD card" at the bottom (the name in the quotation mark depends on the path of external SD).

If there's no SD in the list, you may need to tap the menu icon at the upper right corner and choose "Show SD card".

P.S. Some phones (like many Xiaomi models) may not support this method. We'll update this post once we find a solution for those phones.

What Should I Do if I Cancelled the Configuration Before It's Done?
Go to Files in AirDroid app > SD card, select one file and try to edit it (Delete/Copy/Cut/Share, etc.). The configuration will pop up again.

Note:
Please make sure the path of the external SD card is the Root Directory of External SD card! Don't select Internal Storage. If you selected the right one but still can't access the extSD, pls describe the issue you encountered and attach the main.log of you phone.

Path: /sdcard/android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/main.log
6 people like this post.
Coffee
Admin
vincepoy

Re: [Help & FAQ] How to Manage Files Saved to External SD Card on Android 5.0+?

In both 3.1.5 and the newly updated 3.1.5.1, it is not showing "External SD" under Files in the app.
3 people like this post.
vincepoy
jym_brittain

I'm running the latest version and the only thing showing up is Recent in the Open From dialog box
Attachments
main.zip
(8.98 KB) Downloaded 1721 times
Arm+Mfss likes this post.
jym_brittain
Coffee Admin

I'm running the latest version and the only thing showing up is Recent in the Open From dialog boxAttachments main.zip(8.98 KB) Not downloaded yet

Hi, please try the test version to see if it works: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl.airdroid.com/AirDroid-Test-3152-0910.apk
Coffee
Admin
GerNav

Hello Im German Andres from Facebook. I still cannot manage to upload files to the ExtSD. Let me attatch the logs and exception files you requiered.

Let me know any further updates or if i can help you test any new "test" version to correct the issue.

Thaks.
Ger.
Attachments
AirDroid Ger.zip
(5.45 KB) Downloaded 1558 times
GerNav
Coffee Admin

Hello Im German Andres from Facebook. I still cannot manage to upload files to the ExtSD. Let me attatch the logs and exception files you requiered.

Let me know any further updates or if i can help you test any new "test" version to correct the issue.

Thaks.
Ger.Attachments AirDroid Ger.zip(5.45 KB) Not downloaded yet

天空海阔zwb likes this post.
Coffee
Admin
jrk36

You can manage files saved in External SD card on Android 5.0+ since AirDroid v3.1.5. (Note: Android 4.4x still can’t manage files in external SD card with AirDroid Web)

How to Configure the Settings in AirDroid App?
1. Go to Files in AirDroid app > External SD, you’ll get a pop-up guiding you how to configure:

2. Make sure the path of the external SD card is the Root Directory of External SD card. If not, tap the menu icon and select the correct one, tap SELECT “SD card” at the bottom (the name in the quotation mark depends on the path of external SD):

What Should I Do if I Cancelled the Configuration Before It’s Done?
Go to Files in AirDroid app > External SD, select one file and try to edit it (Delete/Copy/Cut/Share, etc.). The configuration will pop up again.

Note:
Please make sure the path of the external SD card is the Root Directory of External SD card! Don't select Internal Storage. If you selected the right one but still can't access the extSD, pls describe the issue you encountered and attach the main.log of you phone.

Path: /sdcard/android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/main.log

I'm using a Samsung Tab S running Android 5.0.2 and I do not see any of the screens above when I use Airdroid App options Files/External SD - the screen simply displays the files on the External SD with no "Select SD Card at the bottom" displaying. What's going on?
jrk36
Coffee Admin

Thaks.
Ger.Attachments AirDroid Ger.zip(5.45 KB) Downloaded 4 times

Hi,

Please go to AirDroid Web > Files, find the folder storage and send us a screenshot of the directories in it.

Coffee
Admin
Coffee Admin

@jrk36

Did you select the path before? And can you manage files in AirDroid Web now?

Try go to Settings of your phone > Apps > AirDroid app and Clear Data. Then sign in to AirDroid again, follow the steps in the guide.
Coffee
Admin
fbeltrao

Same problem here, External SD purple icon won't show up in Files, so Android 5.0.2 GUI to select External Storage won't show up either, though ExternalSD folder is available to be selected in Airdroid explorer in the browser, but write operations fail when trying to delete or upload files in microSD.

Path to external storage is /storage/external_SD.

I tried to clear Airdroid data to make a fresh launch and the problem persist.

The phone is LG L90 on stock Lollipop 5.0.2.

About main log, I think there is no relevant info to help in this issue:

2015-11-10 00:52:53,026 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationService] - gcmRegistration
2015-11-10 00:52:54,861 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationService] - GCM Register on Server Failed. Retry later: 2000
2015-11-10 00:52:56,445 - [WARN -com.sand.airdroid.servers.managers.event.EventServiceManager] - startEventService
2015-11-10 00:52:57,146 - [INFO -PushMessageHandleService] - Receive PushMsg: { "ptype": "pushclient_config", "body": { "active_users_threshold": 10, "connecting_timeout": 30, "reconnect_interval": 10, "reconnect_max_num": 10, "heartbeat_interval": 300, "heartbeat_retry_num": 5, "heartbeat_retry_interval": 30, "heartbeat_timeout": 10, "gopush_enable": true, "ping_device_max_number": 5, "ping_device_interval": 60, "ping_device_expire": 0 } }
2015-11-10 00:52:58,671 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationService] - GCM Register on Server Failed. Retry later: 4000
2015-11-10 00:53:04,295 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationService] - GCM Register on Server Succeed.
2015-11-10 00:55:34,266 - [INFO -AirDroidService] - cause by stop code 6
2015-11-10 00:55:38,781 - [WARN -com.sand.airdroid.servers.managers.event.EventServiceManager] - startEventService
soon soon likes this post.
fbeltrao
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 40