[Help & FAQ] AirDroid Web - SMS

Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:34 am in FAQ

page 1 / 5 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 >> go to
Coffee Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] AirDroid Web - SMS

Send & receive SMS via your current carrier from the comfort of your computer. Faster typing and navigation with the full keyboard and large screen.

Sign in to web.airdroid.com.
Find the Message icon and click it to open. You can see all your text messages here.

How to send SMS on desktop/laptop computer?
Click New Message in the Message window, input recipient, your message, and click Send. You can also send messages to a group of recipients.

Do I need to pay extra money to use AirDroid to send and receive messages?
Sending messages on AirDroid web desktop is just like sending messages on your Android phone or tablet.The fee of sending messages will be charged by your carrier depending on your subscription, AirDroid will not charge extra fees.

What happens to my phone if I send, delete or do other operations in the browser?
AirDroid web desktop works like a remote control tool for your Android device, so every operation in the browser is transmitted to your android device. e.g. If you send a message in the browser, it’s actually your Android device that is sending the message.

How to send group messages?
Just input as many recipients as you need in the recipient field to send a message to a group of contacts.

How to search for SMS?
You can enter a keyword in the upper left corner of Message to search SMS.

Desktop Notification
If you enable desktop notifications, a notification will pop up when you receive a new message.

You may click Setting in Account, check the box in front of "Enable desktop notifications" and click "Save".

Can I send MMS messages?
Sorry, MMS messages are not supported by the current version of AirDroid.

How to attach a file to SMS?
Starting AirDroid v2.0.9, you can attach a file to a standard SMS with no extra cost. The attached file will be delivered as a private download link included in the SMS.
Sign in to AirDroid on the web and open Messages. In the message composing window, click the attachment icon to choose a file to attach to your SMS:

The file will then be uploaded to AirDroid server:

Click Send when the file uploading is completed. A private URL for downloading the file will be inserted automatically in your message.

Receiving the file
The recipient will receive your message as a standard text message like this:

A cute photo of our baby XDD:
http://goo.gl/abc2edf#AirDroid

To get the file, they simply need to visit the download link in the message. Please be noted that the file will only be available for download within 7 days.

Safety tips
You should keep the URL safe as anyone with the URL for the file can download the file.
Coffee
Admin
georgereiss

Re: [Help & FAQ] AirDroid Web - SMS

How can I save all my texts from my Samsung Note 5 to my computer so they can be printed out and reviewed?
georgereiss
Coffee Admin

How can I save all my texts from my Samsung Note 5 to my computer so they can be printed out and reviewed?

Sorry it's not supported now. We've collected the feature request and will consider it in future updates.
lauralleach likes this post.
Coffee
Admin
morazancity04

Why don't group SMS text converstaions that I am having on my phone show up on my AirDroid text box on my desktop where all the other single-recipient text strings do show up?
morazancity04
morazancity04

Also, i just started using this to send messages and it is missing lots of messages, even after refreshijng. i came over from MightyText because I thought they were bad missing messages but this is way worse. Is there something Im missing?
morazancity04
Coffee Admin

Also, i just started using this to send messages and it is missing lots of messages, even after refreshijng. i came over from MightyText because I thought they were bad missing messages but this is way worse. Is there something Im missing?
Hi, can you tell me the device model and Android version? Does the recipient get the message?

We've noticed the issue that Msg sent on AirDroid Web did't appear on the phone and we're looking into this now. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused :(
Coffee
Admin
morazancity04

Hi, can you tell me the device model and Android version? Does the recipient get the message?

We've noticed the issue that Msg sent on AirDroid Web did't appear on the phone and we're looking into this now. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused Image

Im on a Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

And also, are group text SMS converstations not allowed on AirDroid?
morazancity04
beverlybrooks

Send & receive SMS via your current carrier from the comfort of your computer. Faster typing and navigation with the full keyboard and large screen.

Sign in to web.airdroid.com.
Find the Message icon and click it to open. You can see all your text messages here.

How to send SMS on desktop/laptop computer?
Click New Message in the Message window, input recipient, your message, and click Send. You can also send messages to a group of recipients.

Do I need to pay extra money to use AirDroid to send and receive messages?
Sending messages on AirDroid web desktop is just like sending messages on your Android phone or tablet.The fee of sending messages will be charged by your carrier depending on your subscription, AirDroid will not charge extra fees.

What happens to my phone if I send, delete or do other operations in the browser?
AirDroid web desktop works like a remote control tool for your Android device, so every operation in the browser is transmitted to your android device. e.g. If you send a message in the browser, it’s actually your Android device that is sending the message.

How to send group messages?
Just input as many recipients as you need in the recipient field to send a message to a group of contacts.

How to search for SMS?
You can enter a keyword in the upper left corner of Message to search SMS.

Desktop Notification
If you enable desktop notifications, a notification will pop up when you receive a new message.

You may click General in Account, check the box in front of "Enable desktop notifications" and click "Save".

Can I send MMS messages?
Sorry, MMS messages are not supported by the current version of AirDroid.

How to attach a file to SMS?
Starting AirDroid v2.0.9, you can attach a file to a standard SMS with no extra cost. The attached file will be delivered as a private download link included in the SMS.
Sign in to AirDroid on the web and open Messages. In the message composing window, click the attachment icon to choose a file to attach to your SMS:

The file will then be uploaded to AirDroid server:

Click Send when the file uploading is completed. A private URL for downloading the file will be inserted automatically in your message.

Receiving the file
The recipient will receive your message as a standard text message like this:

A cute photo of our baby XDD:
http://goo.gl/abc2edf#AirDroid

To get the file, they simply need to visit the download link in the message. Please be noted that the file will only be available for download within 7 days.

Safety tips
You should keep the URL safe as anyone with the URL for the file can download the file.

Why no import/export feature in the sms mode, so I can save messages to computer?
beverlybrooks
Coffee Admin

Why no import/export feature in the sms mode, so I can save messages to computer?

Sorry, it's not supported yet. But we'll consider this :)
Coffee
Admin
Nick Pentell

I'm assuming because android treats group texts like multimedia messages and I just read that there isn't support for MMS messages on here i guess. It's an instant uninstall for me. It's a shame too because this looks amazing but I can't be missing all my MMS messages and group messages. Lots of people are on here saying that they are "missing" messages or that they dissapeared. Well, I bet that's why. I'd guess that the ones that are missing are the MMS ones. Oh well
Nick Pentell
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 5 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 59