Win client not recognizing Android permissionquestion

Sat May 09, 2015 5:51 pm in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
Brunny
OP

Win client not recognizing Android permission

I was able to view my SMS on the Win desktop client until yesterday. Now it's telling me this: 

"No SMS or AirDroid can't access SMS. Please grant AirDroid the permission and try again."
"How to grant AirDroid the permission? Go to Settings > Installed apps > AirDroid > Manage permissions and enable all permissions. Detailed steps may vary by device."

I checked my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note II Android platform) and there are SMS messages, plus all permissions are enabled for AirDroid. I can also see the SMS if I use the web client, so I know they must be enabled from my phone. How do I fix this?

Brunny
Coffee Admin

Re: Win client not recognizing Android permission

I was able to view my SMS on the Win desktop client until yesterday. Now it's telling me this: 

"No SMS or AirDroid can't access SMS. Please grant AirDroid the permission and try again."
"How to grant AirDroid the permission? Go to Settings > Installed apps > AirDroid > Manage permissions and enable all permissions. Detailed steps may vary by device."

I checked my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note II Android platform) and there are SMS messages, plus all permissions are enabled for AirDroid. I can also see the SMS if I use the web client, so I know they must be enabled from my phone. How do I fix this? 

Please send us the logs and exceptions to help us troubleshoot. Thanks! 

How to get the logs: Right click on AirDroid icon > select open file location > logs and exception.
Coffee
Admin
Andrew Vick

Started getting this same error this morning. Any help? Love the app.
Andrew Vick
Coffee Admin

You didn't get this error msg before? Sign out and sign in again, reboot your phone to see if it helps.
Coffee
Admin
queviko

I'm having the same issue. I can access SMS in Web interface but not Windows client. Any idea?

It says to allow permissions in Apps/Aridroid... but no button appears as shown on the example...
Please help,

(galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1)
queviko
Dora Admin

Hi @edd, would you please send us the logs: C:\Users\admin\Documents\AirDroid\logs or Right click on AirDroid icon > select open file location > logs and exception
Dora
Admin
Diane

I am just starting out and using a galaxy core lte - was able to send an sms text to a friend who replied but instead of the reply mirroring on my desktop it came in as a regular text on my phone. Can you help me figure this out? Thanks!
Diane
Brunny

Seems to have corrected itself? I just deleted AirDroid from the phone, then from my account. Then I reinstalled on the phone and it seemed to work all right.
Brunny
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235469

Latest Member: erfanmanesh

Online: 74