Taskbar notification icon option persisting after uninstallsolved!

Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:03 am in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
thetriggerer

Taskbar notification icon option persisting after uninstall

Hello,

I have recently uninstalled AirDroid 3. The notification icon is gone, but the option to enable it is still present. Below is a screenshot in relevant portion from my Notification Area Icons list:

It even says AirDroid is running. Is this a known issue (couldn't find a topic about this)? How can I remove this after I've already uninstalled it? It makes me think that perhaps AirDroid is still somewhere in my system.

Thank you!
thetriggerer
Coffee Admin

Re: Taskbar notification icon option persisting after uninstall

I used the uninstaller that came with it and confirmed that the directory files are gone (i.e., under Program Files (x86) and Program Files). It seems to be a deeper issue than just clearing leftover files.

Hi,

Try the guide here to see if it helps: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/clear-past-icons-tray-notification-area
Coffee
Admin
Coffee Admin

Hello,

I have recently uninstalled AirDroid 3. The notification icon is gone, but the option to enable it is still present. Below is a screenshot in relevant portion from my Notification Area Icons list:

It even says AirDroid is running. Is this a known issue (couldn't find a topic about this)? How can I remove this after I've already uninstalled it? It makes me think that perhaps AirDroid is still somewhere in my system.

Thank you!

Hi,

How you uninstall AirDroid? And you may find the folder and delete it. The path may be something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\AirDroid
Coffee
Admin
thetriggerer

Hi,

How you uninstall AirDroid? And you may find the folder and delete it. The path may be something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\AirDroid

I used the uninstaller that came with it and confirmed that the directory files are gone (i.e., under Program Files (x86) and Program Files). It seems to be a deeper issue than just clearing leftover files.
thetriggerer
Coffee Admin

Hi,

Try the guide here to see if it helps: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/clear-past-icons-tray-notification-area
Coffee
Admin
thetriggerer

Following those directions worked. Thanks!
thetriggerer
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235041

Latest Member: هيا احمد

Online: 26