No reply button on ChompSMS notificationsquestion

Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:53 pm in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
mpbeaulieu
OP

No reply button on ChompSMS notifications

Hey !
I just installed AirDroid to give it a spin and it seems to work. My only problem is that I don't have a reply button on my incoming SMS. I can only block or dismiss. Facebook Messenger works fine though, I can reply straight from the notification popup.
  • This is on a Zenfone 2 so that's Lollipop 5.0
  • Using the Windows app (Windows 10)
  • ChompSMS as texting client
Is it supposed to be working? What could I do ? Besides that, it'all working. I can send sms and they're all synced...
mpbeaulieu
mpbeaulieu

Re: No reply button on ChompSMS notifications

Switched to Textra and sms replying worked. Switched back to ChompSMS and the replying feature is still there. Weird.

I now receive 2 notifications though. One with the reply button and the other doesn't have it. It's different (app icon instead of the person picture) and it shows more than the last messages (it showed the last 2).

Continuing investigation :)
mpbeaulieu
mpbeaulieu

Blocked ChompSMS in the Windows app for "Notifications mirror" seems to do the trick. Kinda awkward for the user and hard to figure out but it seems ok for now.

Edit: That just worked temporarily. Couple of seconds later, I stopped to receive sms notifications all together :(
mpbeaulieu
Coffee Admin

Switched to Textra and sms replying worked. Switched back to ChompSMS and the replying feature is still there. Weird.

I now receive 2 notifications though. One with the reply button and the other doesn't have it. It's different (app icon instead of the person picture) and it shows more than the last messages (it showed the last 2).

Continuing investigation Image

Hi,

The first one is a notification, you can block it and then you won't receive such notifications any more.

Hover the mouse over the pop-up below and you should see a reply button on the right. Can you hover the mouse over it to see if it helps?
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 44