SMS thru Airdroid windowsquestion

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:46 am in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
Hubert
OP

SMS thru Airdroid windows

Hello,
I'm using Airdroid desktop 3.3.0 (PC with W7) with a Rainbow under Kitkat.
Testing SMS, I have 2 problems :
1/ when I write a long SMS, the screen display is cut into 60 car long pieces ! That's weird. A long message appears like a lot of little ones. Happily, the message received by the target is not cut. (BTW, same thing with the web version !)
2/ Is there a way to have a sound when receiving a SMS ? I have one with phone call, but not with messages. In the parameters, notifications can be "on" or "off" but I don't see any sound folder.

Thanks for reading and thanks if you can give me a clue.
Hubert
Dora Admin

Re: SMS thru Airdroid windows

@hubert

1. Seems you are using Android 4.4+? Check this guide to know more: http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15928
2. You can enable the notification sound in the settings. Check this screenshot:
Dora
Admin
Hubert

Thanks for the information about the 140 char split. I did not know that. Weird thing is that it cuts at 60, not 140 and moreover the target phone receives the message in one piece. Not a big deal then.

I know the screen that you showed me. It allows to enable sound, but does not allow to CHANGE the standard sound for another that I could really hear from another room !
I guess it is not yet possible...

thanks again
Hubert
Hubert

Thanks for the information about the 140 char split. I did not know that. Weird thing is that it cuts at 60, not 140 and moreover the target phone receives the message in one piece. Not a big deal then.

I know the screen that you showed me. It allows to enable sound, but does not allow to CHANGE the standard sound for another that I could really hear from another room !
I guess it is not yet possible...

thanks again Dora
Hubert
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235466

Latest Member: amir Momeni

Online: 31