AirDroid V2 - Wifi Hotspot / Remote connection mode issues

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:28 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
JDM_DSM
OP

AirDroid V2 - Wifi Hotspot / Remote connection mode issues

I've been using version 1.1 for a while to transfer files and send texts with my laptop connected to my phone's wifi hotspot. I work in remote areas, so I don't always have data coverage, but often I can still send and receive texts, and even if I have no signal at all I can still transfer files to/from my phone etc.

Version 2 makes this a lot more difficult though.
1) On the start screen it doesn't show you the phone's ip address anymore, just "v2.airdroid.com" If I go to that site it always puts me into remote connection mode, even though it doesn't need to be. I can still navigate to the ip address instead, but now I have to figure out the ip myself before I can connect.
2) If I happen to press the "Tethering/Hotspot" button under the tools section there's no way to exit that screen and close AirDroid without it turning off my Wifi Hotspot and disconnecting any devices that were using the internet through my phone.

I'm still a big fan of Airdroid, and appreciate that new features are always being added. I just wanted to point out some usage issues that might have been missed in the new beta.
JDM_DSM
csq130

Title

csq130
Gedas

Title

i have the same problem, but i can't figure out the ip myslef sadly :(
Gedas
Malak

Title

I happened upon a solution, hope it works for you!

http://forum.airdroid.com/discussion/11495/remote-connection-fix#Item_1
Malak
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235392

Latest Member: derecterA

Online: 21