App cannot keep connection alive

Thu May 09, 2013 3:57 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
gil80
OP

App cannot keep connection alive

With previous versions of Airdroid I never had this problem
With the new version, from some reason, it disconnects. I use the same phone, same ROM as before, same wifi settings... only new Airdroid version.

Could it be that the task is being killed? I have no task killer installed and as I mentioned it used to keep connection all the time but only now it disconnects every few seconds. I simply cannot use this app anymore.
gil80
iqbal

Title

Anyone, please...
iqbal
wieze57

Title

same pb here
wieze57
sefik

Title

my S3 needs to be re-connected every 5 - 10 minutes. Any idea what is going on here...? (LAN connection).
sefik
wiley1

Title

What he said ^
wiley1
KristenK9

Title

Same problem with my Sony Xperia Acro S
KristenK9
burnrobert

Title

I found if you disable power-saving mode it doesn't time out. however, I'd like to see the app running in the background always, so I can get messages when I forget my phone.
burnrobert
AngelicaZb

Title

Hi,
I am using a cheapo Samsung Galaxy Mini and a fairly cheap Toshiba laptop.
I am totally paralysed, so after "updating" the airdroid app, I was quite frustrated that I had to call a carer to accept the request for connection every time it timed out.

Now this might not suit everybody, as I have exclusive use of my computer, but I did three things at once – with the help of our most computer literate carer.

I turned the power saving mode off, turned the keep screen alive off, and turned require confirmation off.
I rebooted my computer – probably not necessary, and turned my phone off and on again.

Just like magic, the airdroid application was always available, and if it had timed out, or even if I rebooted my computer, it showed the screen to accept the connection momentarily, and it disappears and the airdroid application appeared and was fully functional.

By the way, I e-mailed the developer and have got no response so far.
I hope that helps somebody.
Cheers,
TetraPak97,
Kaukapakapa
New Zealand.
AngelicaZb
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235552