AirDroid, Galaxy Note 3 on T-Mobile, Kit Kat and External_SD cards - any hope for us?

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:19 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
funktron
OP

AirDroid, Galaxy Note 3 on T-Mobile, Kit Kat and External_SD cards - any hope for us?

Hello, makers of the best damn piece of software Android's ever seen! (OK, maybe hyperbolic, but I love it...)
I am hesitant to install the Android 4.4.2 update that T-Mob is pushing out as Kit Kat enforces the External_SD-card restrictions that Google is all gung-ho about. I've read some horror stories (file managers no longer manage files, apps lose settings that are saved and read from External_SD, etc.).

Are you guys aware of this situation on Galaxy devices with External_SD cards, and if so, do you have any way to work around it? I worry that AirDroid will lose the ability to wirelessly manage files between my various devices thanks to this pooptacular move on G's part (yes, I understand the security situation, no, I don't care. Let me choose!).
funktron
SAnsell

Title

I see this has been posted elsewhere. I await good news! :-) Thanks, AirDroid team, for all your hard work!
SAnsell
LVHAlfons

Title

@funktron

Sorry that we are still working on this right now and not sure if we could figure out a workaround on this issue.

If your device has been rooted, you may try editing the permission on the device: http://forum.airdroid.com/discussion/12206/

Try if this helps you.
LVHAlfons
waiterguy8732

Title

Having problem using screenshot with note 3 (kitkat). Even installing superuser app, still can't do anything.
Any recommendation ?
waiterguy8732
LVHAlfons

Title

@funktron,
We've figured out a workaround on managing files in external SD card. It should be working for Samsung devices. You may contact support@airdroid.com to get the test version.

@btungphaisal,

Could you please tell us more details on the issue? Does it happen frequently? Any error message? What's the web browser are you using? Does rebooting device work?
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235453

Latest Member: dd

Online: 63