Signing in with Google account prevents later signing up with preferred e-mail address.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:04 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
seanspotatobusiness
OP

Signing in with Google account prevents later signing up with preferred e-mail address.

I first signed into Airdroid using my Google account. This means that my e-mail address is now associated with an account at Airdroid. I want to use the Airdroid standalone program that I downloaded for Windows. However there is no option to log in using a Google account - the program accepts only Airdroid account credentials. I cannot sign up for an Airdroid account with my e-mail address because it's already registered with Airdroid via my Google account. I think this is an oversight.
seanspotatobusiness
porch00soap

Title

Same problem. Also note:

- When I signed in here I got a message from google saying that its OpenID feature would be discontinued next April. What does that mean for signing in here with google?

- I got an error message from my browser saying the page wasn't redirecting properly when I tried to sign into the airdroid.com web page. I clicked the g+ button, selected the account, then got a message from my browser saying the website wasn't redirecting properly. Note: I do not have a google+ account, that I know of anyway.

Suggest a quick response to these issues, both here in the forum and by fixing the associated problems. It's not a stopper, can still use the web server interface, but it cripples your support for your app.

Thanks.
porch00soap
porch00soap

Title

I successfully changed from a google sign-in to an Airdroid password. The way I did this was to go to the account settings on the website and add a password.

The password page initially showed no current password. I entered my new password and tried to change it, but it complained that it wanted me to enter my current password. I entered the current password on my google account and it accepted that.

When I did that, I got an email warning that the account had been signed out. The device also had a similar warning. I signed in again on the device using the email address and new password and that worked. I then fired up the desktop app, signed in with my email and the new password, and it connected.

I then fired up the desktop app, for which there is no way to sign in with a google account, and signed in with the assigned email address and the new password. The app signed in successfully.
porch00soap
Twyst

Title

Thanks a lot, CompCon! I really appreciate you coming back to provide a solution!
Edit: It's not accepting my Google account password. :( Oh well.
Twyst
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235538

Latest Member: NeOn

Online: 61