Buggy software / service

Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:18 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Atilab
OP

Buggy software / service

I really really wanted to like this service, even perhaps signing up for a premium subscription, but as it is now, its a huge disappointment.

I found out about Airdroid at Lifehacker a week ago, came here and created an account, installed it on my phone, my tablet and my windows desktop.

And that is about it.

(1) I never ever managed to log in from the desktop application. Never. Not once! all I have gotten in more than a week are assorted connection errors like -10000 or -23000. So, I never saw the "mirror function" so well spoken of.

(2) I can locate my devices (phone and tablet) from the web interface, and I can even make them ring. But I cannot lock them remotely. I only get a "Failed to lock the device" error message. Every single time. And this just seconds after locating and ringing the device. Yes, the devices are set up to allow being located (and they are located), I just cannot lock them!

So, it seems that this is a beautiful bur thoroughly unreliable service. A pity, really...
Atilab
VinceRLBmu

Title

I also have this problem. Only got -23000 as error message.
VinceRLBmu
VinceRLBmu

Title

I solved the problem by adding Airdroid 3 permission to windows firewall. Apperently windows did not ask me to give Airdroid 3 persmission, so I added it manually.
VinceRLBmu
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235395

Latest Member: dhams

Online: 26