AirDroid not functioning when screen asleep

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:06 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
jason
OP

AirDroid not functioning when screen asleep

Hi All,

Whenever the screen goes off, (be it automatically or manually by the user) the AirDroid browser app stops functioning (until I get the chrome connection error). Only when I wake the phone up again does the browser app start functioning again. I'm on an HTC Desire HD.

I've tweaked some Android wifi settings and think i've found a (partial) solution. I discovered in Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wifi Settings (then press menu key and select Advanced) there is a check box labelled "Best wifi performance" and when checked, Airdroid works flawlessly regardless of whether the device is sleeping or awake. However, judging from my experience and forum posts around the internet re. this setting, having this setting on costs a significant drain of battery life (5-10% an hour it seems) hence this solution being less than elegant. I should also point out that there is another setting on this screen called 'Wifi sleep policy' (with options for the wifi to sleep after a set time) however it was set to 'Never' by default on my device, so perhaps this setting isn't of any significance.

I'd be interested to know if any other users have experienced this problem and whether this is specific to the HTC Desire HD device or maybe even my router. In any case I hope the above information can help as a partial solution for users experiencing similar problems and/or perhaps it exposes a bug in the Airdroid app.
jason
jockeli

Title

Got the same Problem - any Solutions?

Even the "Best Wifi performance" setting doesn't solve this problem :(
Got a HTC ONE X
jockeli
Amichai

Title

Ditto as Above - will experiment with settings and update.

Jero
HTC One XL
Amichai
Amichai

Title

Update:Setting "Best Wifi Performance" to On
and
Setting "Keep Wifi on During Sleep" to Always

... both under Settings>WiFi >Menu > Advanced

Seems to have fixed the problem of being able to communicate with the phone. I'll update once I'm sure it's pushing notifications from the phone to the web interface, as I'm not sure this is happening when the screen's sleeping.

It seems that Airdroid does cache a fair amount, which threw me for a bit - It was failing on a refresh when initially I thought all was working okay.

Hope This Helps

Jero
HTC One XL running JellyBean 4.1.1
Amichai
graduallemon

Title

Hi Jero,

I'm on the Nexus 4 running 4.2.2. I am on Windows 7. I have the exact same problem as mentioned in the first post. I have done the steps you mentioned.

I've found that I'm able to maintain a stable connection between Airdroid and my phone when the phone is plugged in to the wall and charging. When not charging, I find that I am unable to access my phone at all until I get some sort of activity that wakes the phone up (eg. text).

Do you experience this too? Any suggestions?
graduallemon
graduallemon

Title

graduallemon
acfvzgwec

Title

Unchecking "wi-fi optimization" seems to have fixed the problem for me.
Google Nexus 4 unlocked
acfvzgwec
Naushadfun

Re: AirDroid not functioning when screen asleep

Best Audio Product in India 2019
Naushadfun
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876