App just ends and power saver mode

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:29 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
MrSmoofy
OP

App just ends and power saver mode

So if I have my phone plugged into the charger and am using the airdoid app to send texts from my PC which is very handy how do I get the app to stop closing for no reason and no message given. Sometimes it tells me power saver mode but most of the time it just ends and is a hassle to have to start the app back up and reconnect. How do I tell it to stay running until I tell it to exit?
MrSmoofy
LVHAlfons

Title

You may try this: open AirDroid on your device>"Settings">"Power saving mode" and turn it off. @MrSmoofy
LVHAlfons
Timily

Title

It's already turned off.
It seems maybe when people send MMS messages that it causes it to close maybe because you can't view mms messages with airdroid or if you can it doesn't work for me.

Also it's random sometimes it's within a minute or two of starts sometimes it's several minutes later but you never know from airdroid except for it shows it is trying to send a text message and then you look at hte phone and realized the app isn't running.
Timily
necrohades

Title

changed the display to the maximum of 10 minutes before going dark, and then went to the developer mode and turnd on the screen will never sleep while charging and plugged it up and then went to the pc and turned off the screen saver and set power setting of everything to always on and it STILL disconnects after so long inactivity and goes into power saving mode. WHAT goes into power saving mode and how do you make it always stay on? Is this a trap to make people upgrade to premium? Will upgrading to premium fix this issue? I really like Air Droid, and would consider purchasing the premium version, but with this NAGGING BUG problem, it really stains what would be a great product. How do you fix this problem?
necrohades
Timily

Title

Good luck. I could never get it to work and also found that the settings never save they always revert back.
Timily
ygirl

Title

I was just about to write a complaint about this, but obviously others have been experiencing the same thing. I had the settings that you changed already, set before I reinstalled Airdroid. This is a new bug created with the updated version. I used to have it running in the background for days without it disconnecting--no problem!

Unfortunately, I have seen this sort of thing so many, many times over the years with both software and hardware. Somehow these companies come out with products that do what they like, but piss off the customer time and time again. I have had to insult to shame some companies and they still didn't get it. Others screen you out (like BlackBerry) and others wait too long to get with the program and go under or get bought out.

My basic message has been for the last few years: Techs may be smarted than you, but they lack common sense. Please have your product reviewed and tested by non-techs which represent most of the World.

There was another competitor to Airdroid that I used to use and will try their latest version. Even if you install the older version of Airdroid, Google Play will force an upgrade unless you have a table/phone that doesn't use Google Play.
ygirl
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 42