Nothing about this works

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:44 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
GJA
OP

Nothing about this works

Samsung Galaxy S3. I start Airdroid on the phone, which tells me to go to web.airdroid.com and to snap the QR code from web.airdroid.com. Well, there IS no QR code shown on that website - just a broken link to where it is supposed to be displayed, with a refresh link that also doesn't work to show a QR code.

So I give up on that and put in the password. After waiting 3 minutes it finally comes back yapping about not being on the same network

My home LAN is in 192.168.1.0/24. Both the computer and the phones Airdroid app are showing IPs within this network.

This app is a good idea, but needs to go back to the drawing board. Good place to start would be to fix the website to show the QR code.
GJA
Kiki1969

Title

Instead of coming on here with negativity, consider this: If the website is broken and the QR code doesn't work, why is everyone else getting online? For the record, the QR code works fine for me and plenty of others.
If web.airdroid.com doesn't work, once your phone is connected to your Wi-Fi and you have loaded Airdroid, you can use the IP it displays to connect to Airdroid locally. If you use that, you will be presented with a password input screen that you can input the password into and connect.

For the record, I'm also using Samsung Galaxy S3, so I do believe the problem is with your network and not the app.
Kiki1969
bourbe

Title

Using the QR code, it didn't work for me either (Mac, Mac, or Linux / SIII), but on entering the URL and P/W manually it works just fine.
bourbe
bourbe

Title

bourbe
MariMX

Title

Did you open it in Internet Explorer? The very best to use is Chrome. Won't work on IE, period, from my experience. I've tried it on 3 or more different computers.
MariMX
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235027

Latest Member: mamad

Online: 31