Constant disconnects after short period of time

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:42 am in AirDroid Web

page 5 / 5 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 >> go to
airdroidAdmin Admin

Title

Hi Shawn,
Sorry to see that AirDroid is not working for you. If you've purchased AirDroid Premium, we'd be happy to offer you a refund if you need.

Though it's our wish to make AirDroid running smoothly for all users, however, sometimes technically it's just impossible. There are always some unknown and unexpected issues. What we can do is trying to find and fix as many bugs as possible. Actually more users are able to enjoy AirDroid without connection issues with each update.

There may be different causes for the connection issue. For your specific issue, I see that you also emailed us, I will have our technical people look into it again and may contact you for more details. Really appreciate your patience.

And to all other affected users:
We're deeply sorry that AirDroid is not working for you. Considering that there may be different causes for the connection issue, you're recommended to contact us via email directly at: support@airdroid.com with the following information:

Device model:
Android OS version:
AirDroid version:
Browser version:
Your country:
Your mobile carrier:

Thanks for your support!
airdroidAdmin
Admin
fcferlin

Title

Today i recieved the following message from one of the Admins of AirDroid

http://prntscr.com/2ebscb

I think this a very fair deal, and im gratefull the airdroid support wake'd up :)

(just to add, i wasted 3 premium months hoping of a fix, think thats why i recieve 6 months bonus now :)
fcferlin
ShariGold

Title

@Shawn_Gillespie
Last night I was able to switch to Google+ Hangouts for awhile while using Airdroid without any disconnects. Didn't spend a lot of time in Hangouts. I did this by pressing the Home button, not the Back button. This kept Airdroid running as shown in Task Manager. When done with Hangouts, I brought Airdroid back to the foreground and had no problems. Phone - Samsung Galaxy S3, OS Android 4.3. AirDroid v2.0.6.
ShariGold
ShariGold

Title

@Shawn_Gillespie
Tried running Airdroid in background, just leaving phone on Home screen. Had some disconnects. Then noticed the phone had automatically switched over to a different router in our home. Different IP address for the phone. You don't be chance have more than 1 router at home?
ShariGold
markat2k

Title

Just updated to latest version. I'm a bit dismayed...rather than really addressing existing issues, your dev team spends time adding new features?
markat2k
victorious90

Title

I've also had AirDroid constantly require reconnecting, but it's my own fault.

I've loaded a lot of customizations on my Galaxy Nexus and it's running out of RAM (1GB RAM, with ~400MB reserved by system and generally <150MB free on homescreen) , so AirDroid gets kicked out of memory - especially if I have a game loaded. Clicking Reconnect restarts the service for a while then gets shut down by the OS. Leaving the game and returning to homescreen, AirDroid typically runs without many issues.

I don't blame them for it as it's just limited amount of resources running at a time. Sounds like Shawn may have that issue, since he's running all the stuff in the background. SnapPea may very well run into the same disconnect issues after adding features in.

Not sure why resident Antiviruses are needed on Android too. The only way to install malicious Apps is to click Okay on the big black "install app" screen or go through Google play...
victorious90
markat2k

Title

@Sleepingeye...would agree with you about the resources, however, the dev is using the "startForeground()" action (notification) to keep AD live. As mentioned previously herein, I have other wifi and such apps that have the same type of PC-connectivity and they NEVER close.

May I recommend the dev look at the 'wifi file transfer' App and see if anything that dev does can be adapted for AD. I've also started to use G Hangouts and it too never closes prematurely. The issue lies somewhere in the AD dev code.
markat2k
CandiceHrq

Title

I am using two phones, both connected to the same Wifi network. I can confirm that the lost connection issue always happens to phone with Android version 4.1 (mine is 4.1.2). The other phone which uses ICS (4.0.4) does not have this issue.

Both phones use the exact same setting in AirDroid and "Keep WLAN on during sleep" is set to "Always" on both phone.

However, if I set the setting "Keep screen awake" to "On", the lost connection problem is gone, but it drains the battery very fast.

So, my opinion is the problem probably is not in AirDroid, not in wifi connection, but perhaps in Android itself.

Just my 2 cents.
CandiceHrq
miguel3lon

Title

I too have been experiencing these lost connection issues. Reconnecting was simple enough, but since the error stated "Service terminated on device", it certainly looked like it was shutting itself down on the device side.
Now, if I were only looking toward this as a wifi file transfer app, that wouldn't be a big deal, but AirDroid is ostensibly designed to offer some kind of loss recovery for the device as well, which means these shutdowns are negating any real reassurance the app could otherwise offer.
When the settings give me options to almost completely hide AirDroid's activity and presence on the device, AND disallowing uninstall while it's running and secured, it seems apparent to me that it wants to provide something similar to "Find My iPhone" for Android in terms of device and data security.

Problem is, if the service is shutting itself down, and worse, requires me to keep it up front and keep the phone awake in order to maintain the connection, then it's completely shooting itself in the foot. I can't rely on that feature to provide peace of mind for recovering my phone if doing so means my battery life goes to hell in a handbasket, and what's the use of trying to find or wipe my phone by remote if the service isn't running to receive the commands in the first place?

Sadly, though AirDroid first attracted my attention with its beautiful desktop, security/recovery options and connect-from-anywhere capability, the fact of the matter is that it's unreliable for anything more than a quick ad-hoc connection for sending texts and moving files around. Since the security options are unreliable, it makes accepting the additional RAM and battery demands they bring with them a lot less palatable. SnapPea does wireless control and transfers as well, and does it with less demand on power and RAM, and since it seems AirDroid can only reliably compete on those aspects alone, it falls short in the comparison. :(
miguel3lon
jereandre6

Title

I have a Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S557 on Android 2.3.6 and it disconnects if idle for about 30 mins. The only solution I've found is to turn the phone off & on again.

I'm posting for the developer's interest to say that, here in the UK, O2 launched a service called TuGo which offered texting via PC etc. PLUS ability to make a voice call by PC (with headset) thru' router and broadband using my mobile phone number and charges. (Handy because our mobile signal is poor at home). However for me (and many other users) it too dropped out regularly. In this case it was always after exactly 5 mins of idleness. Their team also couldn't reproduce the effect.

Would there be any clue if you looked for commonality in Baseband Version, Kernel Version or Build Number?
jereandre6
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 5 / 5 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 39