SMS Messages Fail to Send

Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:49 am in AirDroid Web

page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
LeaPUZ

Title

I'm getting the same problem - sms messages over 160 characters are being split into separate messages. I installed AirDroid mainly because it would be easier to type and send long messages.
Any eta on a fix?

Thanks!
LeaPUZ
LVHAlfons

Title

Hello groovygarden,
You device model, Android version, and is the ROM the official one or a customize one?
LVHAlfons
jdiamond7

Title

splitting SMS msgs is not working... fails constantly on 4.4.1 The latest version of AD is more buggy than the last, which was more buggy than the one before that.
jdiamond7
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi livin,
Thanks for your feedback. What do you mean by splitting SMS msgs is not working? You can't send long SMS, or?

And we'll soon release a new version. Would you please update and try again then?

Feel free to let us know if you need any support :)
LVHAlfons
Claude71F

Title

If I compose a text on my S3 it can be as long as I like. If I use airdroid or myphoneexplorer it send in mulitpart, which is annoying as I know the text app, stock and third party can handle long texts in excess of 140 characters.I thought the problem may have been because I was using a non standard ROM, cyanogen CM11.2

However my new S5 arrived yesterday, completely stock and the same problem exists here. I will try using a third party text app.
Claude71F
threadedward60

Title

Any size message I try sending thru AirDroid fails to send- have to resend from phone. I use a ZTE Valet cell phone. All the other features work very well but this 1 is frustrating. Thanks, tom o
threadedward60
LVHAlfons

Title

Hello flowers,
Have you tried the "Fix SMS"?

You may go to "Settings" in AirDroid app > Turn on "Fix SMS" and try again.
LVHAlfons
threadedward60

Title

Tried the "Fix SMS" change and still no sending. Restarted phone but maybe computer restart needed. Will do more experimenting later. Thanks for the help- hard to find the settings for AirDroid on the phone.
threadedward60
threadedward60

Title

Still not sending- short or long SMS. My password appears too short- changed it and restarted phone and computers but still no direct sending.Would a complete re-install help?
threadedward60
too26fruit

Title

I had to reboot the phone after checking "Fix SMS". For the record, though, I was not having success sending even <160 character SMS before doing this.
too26fruit
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235028

Latest Member: Jasika

Online: 37