Log - in , connection problems

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:02 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
blanko
OP

Log - in , connection problems

Ive been having connection problems since updating to V2.0.7
Airdroid was working well until recently - now it takes several attempts to log in, and once logged in it disconnects after a few mins and then wont log back in - saying that i am logged in elsewhere.
I can see from you replies to other threads that you are working on some connection issues, i thought i would inform you that its not fixed yet and the program now hardly functions - i might have to go back to using myphoneexplorer and a cable.
blanko
quail60drain

Title

I'm a new user as of a couple days ago. I'm running V2.0.7.2, and I have the same issue.

I paid for 3 years of service, and I'm hoping that I didn't make the wrong decision to do so, because this software is not useful to me if I have to repeatedly log in and struggle with it to get the login to be accepted.

I'm hoping that this issue will be fixed soon.

Thank you very much.
quail60drain
LVHAlfons

Title

@blanko, @HippoMan,
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Would you please update so 2.0.8 and try again?

If the issue still remains, please let us know :)
LVHAlfons
quail60drain

Title

Thank you! I just saw this message. I already upgraded to 2.0.8 the other day when it came out.
Sadly, I am still having the exact, same problems:

I can log in, but the connection times out between the device and the external server after some time. I don't have exact figures, but it's less than an hour.

I never exit from AirDroid using the "Back" button; I always use "Home" when I want to do something else on my device. Nonetheless, the connection always times out as I described above, and I am asked to re-log in from the device. Sometimes I have to do this a couple times, and occasionally, I also have to re-log in from the server before the connection re-establishes.

There should be no reason for the connection to time out in a way that requires a new, manual login from the device.

I understand that a connection might be dropped due to signal problems, etc. However, the app should always remember my login credentials and re-log in invisibly, whenever that happens.

Check my other post (http://forum.airdroid.com/discussion/12 ... n-problems) for suggestions as to how to structure the app in order for it to stay alive, even if the phone goes to sleep or the app is not in the foreground.

Anyway, thank you for all your help with this.
quail60drain
quail60drain

Title

PS: Another symptom: when the connection times out, the server completely forgets about my device, and I am prompted to "Add a device" all over again. On the device side, when I then go to the AirDroid app, I'm required to manually re-log in.

At this point, the server and device reconnect, and I can use AirDroid again for a while.

Even if I flag my device as "Default", the server still forgets about it the next time this disconnection problem occurrs, and I have to repeat this process all over again ... and again ... etc.
quail60drain
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi HippoMan,
You mean after the disconnection, you'll need to sign in again to AirDroid app?

This happened when you are using 2.0.8? (We've made some improvements on protecting the account info in 2.0.8).

And we'll make some improvements on the Front End in next update. Hope the issue of constant disconnection will be solved with the fix.

Sorry for any inconvenience this have caused for you : (
LVHAlfons
quail60drain

Title

Yes, this continues to happen in 2.0.8.
quail60drain
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235470