Broken SMS sending multiples, urgent

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:22 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
MoDu
OP

Broken SMS sending multiples, urgent

I write a small text in a single SMS, but when it is sent is broken into multiple short SMS.
Seems to be hitting some sort of char limit and it's awkward explaining this to the receiving end.

This did not happen with previous versions of AirDroid.
It's in portuguese, which has several accented chars, but that does not seem to be the issue.
MoDu
Ajax

Title

Having the same issue on a HTC One 4.4.2 running AirDroid 2.0.7. It seems to split every 153 characters for messages longer than 160 characters. Interestingly, the receiving side sees it as one long message as it should. But the built in texting application on my phone registers it as two separate texts.
Ajax
santa4week

Title

It's exactly as you described here.
santa4week
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi MoDu,
What's your device model and Android version?

This issue will happen to Android 4.4 and above.

We'll try to make improvements in future updates.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or suggestions :)
LVHAlfons
santa4week

Title

Galaxy S3 Mini with Cyanogem Mod 11 (Android 4.4). If it's a 4.4 bug, we'll wait for the fix.
santa4week
recess7may

Title

It's happening with me too. I use a Google Galaxy S4, original Android 4.4.2 only rooted. No custom ROM.
My messages splits into a several ones. I tried to enable or disable SMS Fix on AirDroid settings without success.

Thank you.
recess7may
AlishaEze

Title

Same issue here on Samsung Galaxy S4 with 4.4.2. Is there going to be a fix? Can there be?
AlishaEze
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi,
Sorry that this issue may not be fixed soon.

To fix this issue, you'll need to set AirDroid as the default app for SMS. But as you know, there's not SMS function in AirDroid app. Thus this will lead to some inconvenience when you tried to send SMS on your device.
LVHAlfons
ARooks

Title

Same problem on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact with Android 4.4.2. I really hope that this issue will be fixed, as it makes the SMS function really annoying and inconvenient to use.
ARooks
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235017

Latest Member: fff

Online: 42