Airdroid and SD card on KitKat

Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:26 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
trenzterra
OP

Airdroid and SD card on KitKat

Hi, I am keen to update my Galaxy S4 to KitKat. However, I know that there's some issue with external SD cards on 4.4.

My internal memory is rather full and I need the external memory to transfer my videos and all. May I know if Airdroid allows me to transfer files to my SDcard without rooting on 4.4? I don't mind having it transferred to a sandbox.

Thank you.
trenzterra
jellyrecord29

Title

Is there an update planed to fix this bug?
thx 4 reply
jellyrecord29
LSousa

Title

Didn't know about the SD changes and updated my Note 3 to 4.4. File uploads to external sd no longer work now.
From what I read, unless Airdroid finds a (questionable) way to bypass this restriction, it will be the end of wireless file transfers.
LSousa
LVHAlfons

Title

@all

Devices with Android 4.3 and above may experience this issue when trying to upload files to external SD card.

We are aware of this and the developers are trying to fix this.

If your device has been rooted, there's a temporary solution:

change the permission of your device: http://forum.airdroid.com/discussion/12206/

Try if this helps you :)
LVHAlfons
fahd607

Title

Darn, recently upgraded my Note 3 from JellyBean to KitKat and I have the same problem... In my experience, Airdroid wifi file transfers are way faster than USB cable transfer. I hope the problem will be resolved very soon.
Thanks
fahd607
IolaIsaac

Title

Hoping for a fix here, otherwise AirDroid is prettymuch useless to me. Sad cause it's my favorite part of using Android.
IolaIsaac
sign2lyre

Title

Send to SDcard then transfer to extSD as a temp fix.
sign2lyre
sign2lyre

Title

I take that back... doesn't work.
sign2lyre
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi all,

We've figured out a workaround on this. We sent the test version to some of you to help us test it out. Good news is that managing file on external SD card works now for most Samsung Android 4.4 devices. But not for HTC and Sony..

We'll keep working on this. And hope Google could make some changes on the write access to SD card in future updates.

BTW, 2.1.1 is supposed to be released in this month. If you can't wait to test it, you may just contact us at support@airdroid.com to get it. (Test version may contain bugs)
LVHAlfons
massminute38

Title

I would love to help test this out!
massminute38
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235467

Latest Member: hard