Upload files to external SD card using Airdroid, on Sony xperia Z1 compact with stock Android 4.3

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
markes
OP

Upload files to external SD card using Airdroid, on Sony xperia Z1 compact with stock Android 4.3

Hi,

I am interested in buying Sony xperia Z1 compact phone with stock Android 4.3.

I know that after upgrading to android 4.4 it is not possible to use Airdroid to wirelessly upload files to external SD card. That is very important feature of Airdroid and it is more important to keep that than to have latest Android version.

My question is : Does uploading to external SD card of this phone work on stock Android 4.3 ? I do not want to root phone or any hacking, so it must work "out of the box". I need to know this information before spending large amount of money for buying this phone. If so I plan to stick with Android 4.3 until Google enables using external SD card in some future release (if ever...)

Thanks in advance!

Markes
markes
JQ24

Title

Thank you for sharing that information. I guess I will buy Z1 compact but will keep stock android 4.3.
JQ24
LVHAlfons

Title

@1lya,
Sorry for any inconvenience this have caused.

We've figured out a workaround on this. We sent the test version to some of you to help us test it out. Good news is that managing file on external SD card works now for most Samsung Android 4.4 devices. But not for HTC and Sony..

We'll keep working on this. And hope Google could make some changes on the write access to SD card in future updates.

@markes,

We haven't seen any users reporting the uploading issue to external SD card on Sony xperia Z1, Android 4.3. It should be working :)

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions.
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235394

Latest Member: md

Online: 28