Many problems with SMS showing up

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:03 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Scuttlebutting
OP

Many problems with SMS showing up

When I read a message on Airdroid, I'm still no longer seeing the message marked as read on my phone. Seems I used to be able to do that.When I send a message using Airdroid, the message is truncated into many little pieces, even if the message is under 120 characters.I can't see group text messages any longer.
Scuttlebutting
bulb41connie

Title

I'll second your point 2, and add to it. For me, some recipients are receiving the resulting messages out of order, or not at all. Even if they receive them all, they are most definitely not being reassembled into a single message on the recipient's end.

I understand there are 4.4.x API changes, but did they leave no way to send messages correctly? I started seeing this problem on CM11S ported to an LG G2 and continue to see it on CM 11 M9.

For the record, I'm having messages split into 67 character chunks, which means it's probably using unicode characters somehow rather than 7-bit ascii. That would be fine it the messages were correctly reassembled on the other end, but they aren't.
bulb41connie
LDKW

Title

[/quote]"For me, some recipients are receiving the resulting messages out of order, or not at all. Even if they receive them all, they are most definitely not being reassembled into a single message on the recipient's end."[/quote][/quote]

To this I'll add that I don't think the out of order issue is strictly related to AirDroid. I've noticed that this can happen anytime a user creates a text message large enough for their phone to split into two - I think this has something to do with the way the carriers handle text messages.

That said, I sure am seeing a lot of messages showing up out of order ever since AD stopped honoring the actual text message size limits!
LDKW
cheap_technology

Title

if you have a number with multiple numbers the sms system is trying to append all teh numbers and then send teh text - which is obviously failing!
cheap_technology
LDKW

Title

Bump. On this, would like to know that the people that I'm supporting with my funds have a solution.
LDKW
LDKW

Title

Bump on this -- still seeing issues with everything noted in the OP.
LDKW
suitchord0

Title

#2 for me as well, it's really frustrating. I'm coming from mighty text and was planning on getting the premium version but not if this issue isn't fixed.
suitchord0
joinmiguel87

Title

Yes, seeing this on Moto Droid X & X2. You have to refresh to see the message in the dialog box and all the recieved messages group at the top and all the sending messages group at the bottom. Also in reversed order respectively.
joinmiguel87
chingym9

Title

#2 as well. I thought this was going to be my answer to mightytext as well.
chingym9
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 78