Stock ogg ringtone > Filetype not supported

Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:10 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
LarsKaufbach
OP

Stock ogg ringtone > Filetype not supported

If I try to play a stock ringtone that otherwise downloads and plays well locally as an ogg file, I get "Filetype not supported" in my browser. Android 4.2.2, Airdroid 2.1.0 - Ubuntu, Firefox 29(I know, not the freshest one).
Apart from that I thank you for one of my most frequently used apps! Should really think about spending some money but so far that LAN mode is all I really need.
LarsKaufbach
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi LarsKaufbach,
Thanks for your feedback. We've tested this but .ogg file can be played on both Chrome and Firefox on our side.

Do you mean you can't play .ogg music on web.airdroid.com? You get the same error message when trying to play all .ogg files?
LVHAlfons
hourbat2

Title

Hi, thanks for testing.

I use LAN mode, so I connect directly to my phone, not over web.airdroid.com.
First I thought only the stock ringtones didn't work but now I know that no .ogg-file can be played. I uploaded one to the Ringtones/ folder, after that i could select it in airdroid's ringtones window but the same error occured if I tried to play it.
Ringtones with other types (e.g. mp3) work fine. An .ogg-file directly dropped into firefox plays as well.
hourbat2
PrimeRisk

Title

Same for me, Mac OS X 10.10.1 - Safari.OGG file format are not recognized by the Finder, the browser can not play them neither.
There was a plug-in for quicktime but it does not seems to work anymore.

VLC media player supports ogg files.
PrimeRisk
PrimeRisk

Title

Safari or QT do not support ogg format, with plugin put in any folder, syst, audio...

Just use Chrome, Firefox or Opera (plugin not needed) to listen to ogg files.
PrimeRisk
hourbat2

Title

I will shrug it off then as a weird site-effect of my individual system configuration.
hourbat2
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235538

Latest Member: NeOn

Online: 48