SMS not sending

Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:00 am in AirDroid Web

page 7 / 10 << 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 >> go to
1coolrod

Title

Highly doubt they'll fix this problem. Its been going on for over a year. Version 1.0.4 works fine but its too old. I'm glad they finally have a new public release but very disappointing that they didn't fix this in that version. I contacted tech support a long time ago and once they found out what the problem was they started ignoring my messages and I had to figure out myself on the net that the old version works just fine.
1coolrod
Ossama

Title

theJohn i have the same problem, and I also contact tech support and they also ignore my messages....
Ossama
srinija

Title

Hello all,
I got the same problem here with a new fresh installation of Cyanogenmod 10.2 on my Galaxy S 1.
I was using airdroid since months without any issue on other versions, and on MIUI as well.

I found the solution to the sms not sent (with red triangle)
I had NO popup asking me for root access (even if my phone is rooted, and even if for some other apps, it is asking me that permission)
Anyway, inside airdroid settings, I had to uncheck the "confirmation need" option (I don't know the exact name of that option in English because my phone is set in French)
After that, it worked like a charm (like before).
I hope this will help some of you :-)
srinija
tabletje

Title

Hi, I have a Samsung GT-I9105GT that can not send SMS.I have given AirDroid access under Safity/Unit Admins, but to no help.

I have noticed that alot of people have been having problems sending SMS for a long time.. Isnt this problem a priority to fix?
tabletje
Muzeec

Title

AirDroid works great for me, except for SMS... other SMS gateways seem to work fine, but aren't nearly as convenient or their UI sucks compared to AirDroid. I have given the app root access as well and set it not to ask for authentication when I log in, neither option has helped. I reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone, re-granted root, nothing is working.What happens for me is that when I click send, the little 'sending envelope' image just loops over and over and the SMS does not get sent, nor does anything related appear in my Messaging app on the phone. I can only view the messages that are already on the phone, not send anything. Is there any way I can help the developers to debug this? Could the fact that it is a dual-sim phone mean anything? I am using lite mode on my wifi via direct IP. As I say everything else seems to work great besides sending SMS. I would really like for this to work. Thanks !

Edit: I got it working now! It was my Squid HTTP Proxy which was causing the SMS send function not to work. Everything else seemed fine though, so it could be a bug with SMS transversal over http proxy? Bypassing the proxy for my phone IP has fixed this for now - good enough of a solution for me, but perhaps the devs may want to look into this some more
Muzeec
somnathmallick302

Title

I have had no more problems with sms in Airdroid since V2. Glad it was fixed. Thanks guys.
somnathmallick302
Hannelore

Title

Using a rooted Kyocera Rise on Virgin Mobile and I can't send a message. I can receive messages, just it won't send. If I go and resend it on my phone it'll go all the way through though. I remember something about the Super User permissions when I first started using this, but I don't remember if it was asking for permissions on messaging or not. I didn't think much of it because nothing popped up on my phone (maybe because it wasn't plugged into my computer?), though the pop-up did come onto my phone when I was looking at the screenshot feature on my Chromebook (while it was plugged into my computer).
So I think just figuring out how to get that pop-up again for the messaging this time might make it work? There was someone before that said that you need to do something with Super User (which I have on my phone).

If anyone has an answer please let me know. If anyone knows how to tether a rooted VM Kyocera Rise or make it into a hotspot, it'd be nice to have some answers for that, too...
Hannelore
LVHAlfons

Title

@granr9854 Is there any error message when you failed to send the message? How long is your message? Will it be successful if you send a short message? Or you may try uninstall and install again?

As to the tethering and hotspot, you may refer to the guide here to see if it helps: http://forum.airdroid.com/discussion/10420/
LVHAlfons
Yunwoo82

Title

I'm having what looks exactly like the problem at the start of this thread. Device (Kyocera Rise) and AirDroid on PC (Windows 7) connected okay via Wi-Fi. Contacts loaded to AirDroid on PC. Select contact and type message. Hit, SEND, and get error message on PC which says "Error. Failed to send message. OK" NO, it's NOT OK! And no error message displays on cellphone, but text of messages does show up flagged as not sent. Selecting the text on cell, I can resend okay from cell.
Yunwoo82
LVHAlfons

Title

@DavidR
According to the error message: "Error. Failed to send message. OK", would you please help us do a test about sending SMS? This test needs you to send 2 messages, and the fee of sending messages will be charged by your carrier depending on your subscription, we will not charge extra fees. It would be appreciated if you could help us to do this test and send us the report.

If you are willing to do this test, please contact us at support@airdroid.com. Thanks in advance.
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 7 / 10 << 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 92