Slow file import speeds over wifi

Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:55 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Octium
OP

Slow file import speeds over wifi

Hi
Love the app but I'm having an issue with transfer speeds.
When I'm transferring files from my PC to my Galaxy Nexus over our home WiFi my speeds are painfully slow. It's not that apparent when transferring small files such as pictures or documents but large video files or zip files that are hundreds of megabytes or larger takes forever to transfer. I'm getting less than 1Mbps in transfer speed which in this day and age is unacceptable. I'm connected using wireless N and my router has a wireless bandwidth of 450 Mbps.Any thoughts?
Octium
hetaldp

Title

Some specifics:
LTE Galaxy Nexus: Stock ICS 4.0.2
Windows 7 x64
Chrome browser v16
hetaldp
hetaldp

Title

I figured out what's causing the slow transfer speed.When the screen is off, data speed slows to a crawl. Once the screen is up again, transfer speeds up and resumes. I am unsure if this is something built into android 4.0, this specific phone itself, or app related, but I can consistently recreate it.

Hope this helps.
hetaldp
AdsBot [Google]

Title

Please check if any ROM settings or third-party app is limiting the WiFi function of your device after screen off in order to conserve battery, that would affect the files transfer.
AdsBot [Google]

Title

i have this same issue. I am using stock (original) software for the Android Galaxy Nexus (ICS)

when the screen is off, the speeds slow down to a crawl.
when the screen is on, the speeds suddenly go up

to my knowledge there is no setting in ICS to limit battery power by downgrading the wifi connection.
my setting for "Keep Wifi on during sleep" is set to "Always" (as opposed to Only when plugged in or never)

therefore, my wifi setting should be 100% even when the screen is off
bartektrebacz

Title

Ditto for me.. I was pretty happy to find this post as AirDroid was driving me mad.
Even login speeds up when the screen is on..
bartektrebacz
Naushadfun

Re: Slow file import speeds over wifi

Buy Only Best Power Bank in India with more than 10,000 mah Power capacity
Source: Almighty ADDA
Naushadfun
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876