Failed to delete photo

Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:31 pm in AirDroid Web

page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
Coffee Admin

Re: Failed to delete photo

Same problem here. I can download photos from my memory card, but can neither delete nor upload. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if it worked properly.

Pls try the test version: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl.airdroid.com/AirDroid-Test-3152-0910.apk

And can you delete photos in that folder on your phone successfully? When you try to delete it directly.
Coffee
Admin
DonK

Coffee wrote:
Same problem here. I can download photos from my memory card, but can neither delete nor upload. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if it worked properly.
Pls try the test version: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl.airdroid.com/AirDroid-Test-3152-0910.apk

And can you delete photos in that folder on your phone successfully? When you try to delete it directly.

Tried dowloading APK linked above and I still have same problem as original poster. My error message looks just like his screenshot. Deleting photos is not otherwise a problem when doing it directly on the phone.

--DonK
DonK
DonK

Further info: I tried navigating to the photo folder on my external SD card. When I try to delete a photo file from there, I get an error saying that AirDroid does not have write permission for the SD card. How can I grant permission?

--DonK
Guy Capra (Alomphega) likes this post.
DonK
Guy Capra (Alomphega)

Hello all,

Same problem as Donk, it could be nice if we had a solution...

EDIT : under Android 5, we have to go on android device, open AirDroid on it, then choose "files", then "SD ext" then choose the extern SD card path to be able to delete and upload anything.
Hope this will help a bit...

Cheers,
Guy
Guy Capra (Alomphega)
stefan

End of November, same problem here on Android 5.0. Airdroid changelog says it was fixed in version 3.1.5, I'm on 3.1.6. It's not fixed. I followed the instructions that pop up when trying to access an external SD card. They worked, but no write access.
Guess I'll have to look for an Airdroid replacement, meh.
Cheers,
Stefan
stefan
posean

Same problem here, after the update 3.1.5,and also in 3.1.6 on Android 5.1
I can delete photos on SD card from "File", but unable to delete photos from "Photo"
And if I delete the photos from "File", I can see a blank picture from my photo folder on my phone, until I reboot it.
Hope this will be solved on next version.
posean
ebroomhead

I can't delete pictures as well. They are stored on my external SD card under camera. I get the prompt to go to files >>ext SD card, etc, etc. but that doesn't work. Obviously it knows where they are otherwise it couldn't download them. This has been going on for quite a while and it is confusing as to what pictures have or have not been downloaded.

Anyone have a viable app that works?
ebroomhead
korence

Happy to find your post to help me solve the problem in efficient way. Thanks.
korence
timh767

Same problem still exists on my S5. The link to select SD card doesn't exist as per the help image. Can delete photos manually on phone.

Good app but let down by this important feature no longer working. Looking for an alternative.
timh767
Guscainelli

Same problem! I can't delete my photos on Sansung Galaxy 5. Please send me a solution. Everybody is deleting your app because this.
Guscainelli
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235022

Latest Member: Mobile Pasha

Online: 35