AirDroid nearly useless on Galaxy S6

Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:53 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Dragn
OP

AirDroid nearly useless on Galaxy S6

I've been using AirDroid for almost 2 years, was considering becoming a premium member when I got my new phone (Tmobile Galaxy S6) but that idea came to a screeching hault because it's become almost unusable.

My previous phone, LG G2x, used airdroid pretty well, no real major complaints, but when upgrading to the S6 I was shocked at how poorly it performs now:

-loses connection within minutes: Lately, for the last 3-4 months, I've been lucky to stay connected for more than 5 minutes. Mid conversation my txts will hang and I'll have to refresh the webpage, once in a while itll re-connect with that, other times i have to grab phone and re-launch application along with the browser refresh

-have to open the app on phone in order to connect: Is this normal? its a pain to have to go grab my phone to hit the icon, the entire point of me using airdroid is to be able to not go grab my phone since im in front of a computer all the time.

-if im not connected to local network it almost never establishes a connection: And yes my data is always turned on. I loved the idea of using the lost phone features, but since it rarely if ever turns on its completely useless to me. Not only that, but if I'm not mistaken, the only times ive ever made it work with a remote connection i had to manually open the airdroid app on my phone as well.

I was loving airdroid but after upgrading to a new phone its darn near useless. can anyone shed some light on the issues here?
Dragn
Sergio

Re: AirDroid nearly useless on Galaxy S6

TORNO A REPETIR .... SERÁ QUE NÃO É HORA DE UMA NOVA VERSÃO ???? 3.2.0 ESTÁ COM VÁRIOS PROBLEMAS ....
Sergio
Coffee Admin

I've been using AirDroid for almost 2 years, was considering becoming a premium member when I got my new phone (Tmobile Galaxy S6) but that idea came to a screeching hault because it's become almost unusable.

My previous phone, LG G2x, used airdroid pretty well, no real major complaints, but when upgrading to the S6 I was shocked at how poorly it performs now:

-loses connection within minutes: Lately, for the last 3-4 months, I've been lucky to stay connected for more than 5 minutes. Mid conversation my txts will hang and I'll have to refresh the webpage, once in a while itll re-connect with that, other times i have to grab phone and re-launch application along with the browser refresh

-have to open the app on phone in order to connect: Is this normal? its a pain to have to go grab my phone to hit the icon, the entire point of me using airdroid is to be able to not go grab my phone since im in front of a computer all the time.

-if im not connected to local network it almost never establishes a connection: And yes my data is always turned on. I loved the idea of using the lost phone features, but since it rarely if ever turns on its completely useless to me. Not only that, but if I'm not mistaken, the only times ive ever made it work with a remote connection i had to manually open the airdroid app on my phone as well.

I was loving airdroid but after upgrading to a new phone its darn near useless. can anyone shed some light on the issues here?

Hi,

Can you pls check if this helps: [Help & FAQ] Why AirDroid Disconnect Constantly?
Coffee
Admin
Sergio

SR CAFÉ !!!!! QUANDO EU ME CADASTREI E ME TORNEI CLIENTE PREMIUM O AIRDROID FUNCIONAVA CORRETAMENTE ... MAS ULTIMAMENTE O APLICATIVO ( PROGRAMA ) ESTÁ DEIXANDO A DESEJAR .... AS ÚNICAS CONVERSAS AGORA QUE VISUALIZO DOS MEUS CONTATOS É DO WHATSAPP .. ANTES EU LIA DE TODOS OS OUTROS APLICATIVOS : FACEBOOK E MESSENGER ... SEGUE ABAIXO EXEMPLO :

WhatsApp : +55 27 99924-XXXX
Você nem vai acreditar
Kkkkk

WhatsApp : +55 27 99812-XXXX
Passando pra deixar um abraço

WHATSAPP ESTÁ NORMAL OK

AGORA JÁ O BATE PAPO DO FACEBOOK MESSENGER JÁ NÃO APARECE MAIS . SEGUE ABAIXO :
Messenger: Lucas FXXXX 23:20
Oiii
Messenger: Cintia XXXXXXXX
Ei vc chamou os meninos pra ir pra hoje

JÁ NÃO VISUALIZO MAIS ... PAROU DE ME INFORMAR ... PODE POR FAVOR RETORNAR ESSAS OPÇÕES ?

/ESTÁ MUITO BOM ESSE APLICATIVO QUANDO EU ME TORNEI PREMIUM EM 05/07/2015

SERÁ QUE FAZENDO UMA RESTAURAÇÃO DO PROGRAMA PARA ESSA DATA ... NÃO ACABARIA COM AS RECLAMAÇÕES ?

FICA A DICA !!!!!
Sergio
Coffee Admin

SR CAFÉ !!!!! QUANDO EU ME CADASTREI E ME TORNEI CLIENTE PREMIUM O AIRDROID FUNCIONAVA CORRETAMENTE ... MAS ULTIMAMENTE O APLICATIVO ( PROGRAMA ) ESTÁ DEIXANDO A DESEJAR .... AS ÚNICAS CONVERSAS AGORA QUE VISUALIZO DOS MEUS CONTATOS É DO WHATSAPP .. ANTES EU LIA DE TODOS OS OUTROS APLICATIVOS : FACEBOOK E MESSENGER ... SEGUE ABAIXO EXEMPLO :

WhatsApp : +55 27 99924-XXXX
Você nem vai acreditar
Kkkkk

WhatsApp : +55 27 99812-XXXX
Passando pra deixar um abraço

WHATSAPP ESTÁ NORMAL OK

AGORA JÁ O BATE PAPO DO FACEBOOK MESSENGER JÁ NÃO APARECE MAIS . SEGUE ABAIXO :
Messenger: Lucas FXXXX 23:20
Oiii
Messenger: Cintia XXXXXXXX
Ei vc chamou os meninos pra ir pra hoje

JÁ NÃO VISUALIZO MAIS ... PAROU DE ME INFORMAR ... PODE POR FAVOR RETORNAR ESSAS OPÇÕES ?

/ESTÁ MUITO BOM ESSE APLICATIVO QUANDO EU ME TORNEI PREMIUM EM 05/07/2015

SERÁ QUE FAZENDO UMA RESTAURAÇÃO DO PROGRAMA PARA ESSA DATA ... NÃO ACABARIA COM AS RECLAMAÇÕES ?

FICA A DICA !!!!!
Hi,

Can you pls send us feedback in English? Sorry that I don't quite understand Portuguese :(

Do you mean you can't reply to FB Messenger messages? Or you can't see the detailed message? Can you attach some screenshots? Thanks.
Coffee
Admin
Dragn

Hi,

Can you pls check if this helps: [Help & FAQ] Why AirDroid Disconnect Constantly?

I already followed the information on that page, to give more details:
-power saving mode is not on
-"keep lan on during sleep" is and always has been enabled on my device
-I do have various app management tools but make sure to avoid doing anythign to airdroid in them, i also completely uninstalled them when troubleshooting this problem, no change.
-internet/network connection is strong and has no issues

furthermore, i have tried to start using the desktop application (instead of web login) and it keeps a connection, but i have to refresh the sms section every time a text comes in as it will not auto-update and show me the new messages, ever.

I would prefer to have the web version working properly however, as the desktop app is not ideal for me.

I would really appriciate any and all help.

Also, as a side question, when I go to http://web.airdroid.com/ and login, should it auto-connect to my phone with just that, or should I have to manually open the airdroid app on my phone in order for it to connect? because I don't understand how the lost phone features supposed to work if you have to manually open airdroid every time anyway...
Dragn
Dragn

can i please get some help here.
Dragn
Coffee Admin

can i please get some help here.
Hi,

The connection should be built automatically when you sign in to AirDroid Web/Win/Mac with the same AirDroid account. As to the connection interruption issue, I've forwarded to the developer. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused :(
Coffee
Admin
db

I have this same issue. Note 3 running 5.1.1. After some amount of time (can be 1 minute can be about 3 or 4 minutes) I get connection timed out and have to re-login to access my phone via web.airdroid.com This never occurred when I ran android 4.3. I have wifi set to never turn off when the phone sleeps. I have confirmed I always have LAN connectivity with the phone by using the ping -t command. Or I get service stopped by device.
db
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 18