Failed to open IP address generated by AirDroid

Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:09 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
F14Scott
OP

Title

12-26-11 I have Win7, and have downloaded AirDroid app to PC. Webpage states, "This app is compatible with your Samsung GT-P7510"; consequently the PC must have told the app what device I had connected by WiFi via my DLink router. It apparently automatically installed on my Tablet, because AirDroid on tablet now shows to "Visit Below Address in your Browser : http://192.168.0.108.8888" and also gives a password. PROBLEM: My PC will not recognize above IP address. I have tried entering the IP Address in URL space on IE and Chrome, which just display a bunch of wierd links in the Search results. Firefox states: "Server not found".
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?? Thanks!!!
F14Scott
Ryan_Administrator

Failed to open IP address generated by AirDroid

This discussion was created from comments split from: [url=/forum/discussion/16/how-to-get-started-with-airdroid-and-how-to-login-to-airdroid-web-desktop]How to get started with AirDroid and how to login to AirDroid web desktop?[/url].
Ryan_Administrator
HowardHopkinson

Title

Is it possible that your firewall in your DLink router blocks this port ?
HowardHopkinson
LCDIII

Title

I have the same problem, both on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and HTC Desire S... the installed app starts perfectly, but when trying to access it from my browser, it just does not find it... Have you found a solution for yours?
I will check my router, but I do not block port 8888, am quite sure of that
LCDIII
Vala

Title

Confirmed, with connectbot it works fine. I had AD run on my HTC Desire Z without any problems but on my new Acer ICONIA it wouldn't run at first...with connectbot it does now though. :)

Maybe some Android 3.x issue?

@Turkdale: The firewall would not be an issue here as AD only works with local (internal) IPs thus it only works behind any hardware router/firewall. AD wouldn't need care about those settings.
Vala
DroidUser

Title

I'm running Android 4.0.1. I just discovered that it randomly not working (or working) now. Despite I have connectbot running.
DroidUser
LVHAlfons

Title

Try to reset your password here: https://id.airdroid.com/user/sendresetpwmail.html@meraa
LVHAlfons
호야호야

Title

I am a paid premium account holder and regular user. I have also had a similar problem only just recently. This is the error I recieved./usr/www/id.airdroid.com/p13/protected/extensions/redis/Predis.php(1303)
If I find an answer I will repost the solution.
호야호야
호야호야

Title

Well whatever the problem was I seemed to bypass it by signing in at the web portal then telling it to open airdroid to access my stuff. Guessing it just a coincidence and they were likely working on thngs will test further.
호야호야
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235472

Latest Member: Bax

Online: 101