Gmail App or functionality thru AirDroid?

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:01 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Phil
OP

Gmail App or functionality thru AirDroid?

Hi - I work at a company that does not permit access to Gmail on its network. I have my Gmail on my Android phone and can access mail but it is cumbersome and I'd much rather use a keyboard than phone screen. Enter AirDroid. I'm hoping that I can control my Gmail app on my phone thru the AirDroid Web app on my work computer.

So far I have bee able to connect my phone to computer using the USB tethering feature. I can use the SMS features but can't figure out how to access the Gmail app on the phone.

Suggestions/guidance?

Thank you,
Phil
KP

Re: Gmail App or functionality thru AirDroid?

Have you tried using the AirMirror functionality with your device yet? You might need to use USB connectivity to get it to work without root access on the phone, but if it's a supported device you can see and interact with your phone's screen right on your desktop. It wouldn't bring your email conversations directly into a nice interface like SMS messages, but it would allow you to use the GMail application on your phone from your desktop.
KP
Lillian Admin

Re: Gmail App or functionality thru AirDroid?

Hi - I work at a company that does not permit access to Gmail on its network. I have my Gmail on my Android phone and can access mail but it is cumbersome and I'd much rather use a keyboard than phone screen. Enter AirDroid. I'm hoping that I can control my Gmail app on my phone thru the AirDroid Web app on my work computer.

So far I have bee able to connect my phone to computer using the USB tethering feature. I can use the SMS features but can't figure out how to access the Gmail app on the phone.

Suggestions/guidance?

Thank you,
Have you tried using the AirMirror functionality with your device yet? You might need to use USB connectivity to get it to work without root access on the phone, but if it's a supported device you can see and interact with your phone's screen right on your desktop. It wouldn't bring your email conversations directly into a nice interface like SMS messages, but it would allow you to use the GMail application on your phone from your desktop.

Yep~Pls Try AirMirror and see if it works
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235461

Latest Member: ebrahim

Online: 60