Multiple issues with SMS

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:04 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
captainfuzzyface
OP

Multiple issues with SMS

I'm getting a lot of problems with SMS on Airdroid. 90% of what I do is with SMS and most of the rest is with the clipboard, which also has some issues. Airdroid worked wonderfully for a several months but recently it seems to be having more and more problems.
The new message notification on the bottom right of the browser page keeps counting up and up
I get a lot of 'Failed with network error'. No other browser session has a problem and my mobile seems generally happy
Often I can see the latest message on the main SMS window, but clicking on that contact shows all messages except the latest.
Timestamps are sometimes wrong and messages are shown in the wrong order.

I'm using an HTX Desire HD running RCMix3D
captainfuzzyface
danseguin

Title

I have problems with sms also.

It shows home number instead of mobile one, and still sends texts to mobile one, but sometimes with error.
danseguin
AdsBot [Google]

Title

Thanks for the feedback. All issues are noted and we will make improvement in future updates.
AdsBot [Google]
mindy_go53

Title

Device:[/b] Samsung Galaxy S 4GAndroid Version: 2.2.1 Froyo
Rooted: Yes
Operating System: Win7 x64 (correct drivers installed)
Method of Connectivity: Tethered
Web Browser: Google Chrome 17.0.963.66 m

Introduction:
I love AirDroid as it makes things so convenient and easy. You guys are doing an amazing job at both development and customer service. However I seem to be having a problem with the SMS feature. I am trying to use it to send and receive messages to a friend (is that[/i] what people do with SMS these days?). There are only a few issues but they are critical.

[/quote]Problem:
The scenario starts with me going to "Messages" on the AirDroid desktop, clicking "New Message," typing my friend's name and selecting the number, entering my incredibly witty message which usually involves a run-on sentence and then pressing enter.

Firstly, while it will send messages (I would see it on the actual phone going through), AirDroid just showed the spinning mail icon as if it were stuck sending each message.

Secondly, while I will receive[/i] the reply messages on my phone, AirDroid will not display them in the conversation window that is opened by the "New Message" button. So I try to work around this by going straight to the "Messages" window. Strangely, the caption of the conversation that is currently open will display the last message that was sent by my friend. However when attempting to click on this button to open the conversation, it will be placed it in the task bar but the window will never display. Attempting multiple times simply opens a bunch of unclosable, unfocusable task bar windows that do not seem to exist.

[/quote]Conclusion:
So far those are the only problems that I've had with AirDroid since I got it about a moth ago. Other than that, it's a very nice application with great, competent developers and it deserves much more publicity.

Thank you for your time :D,
Karl (TheMusiKid)
[/quote]
mindy_go53
David

Title

Going to move my info to a new post...

-Kirk
David
AdsBot [Google]

Title

Thanks for the feedback @TheMusiKid. Bugs causing these issues will be fixed in next update. Your support is much appreciated!
AdsBot [Google]
MaZa

Title

When sim card prefered sms center number does'nt work and you have to set manual sms center number in message center, you can't send sms via airdroid.would you please solve this problem.Thank you for your great app.
MaZa
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235022

Latest Member: Mobile Pasha

Online: 49