SMS: clicking on active SMS just displays a tab - to nothing

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:13 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
KManegold
OP

SMS: clicking on active SMS just displays a tab - to nothing

So, I'm new to AirDriod and have been impressed with what I see. I have experienced one problem with Messages. I click on Messages and see the last message to/from a given number. However, when I click on the contact/number to respond to a given message, only a tab opens at the bottom of the screen. There is no window displayed. Also, clicking on the new tab just dims the tab without any windows, etc. You can't get rid of the tab either. Any idea if I'm doing anything wrong (or expecting something not in the feature list...) ?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus with ICS (4.0.2).

Thanks!

-Kirk
KManegold
wanderley

Title

hello,
i'm experiencing the same exact issue with my samsung nexus S with ICS (4.0.3).
but i've noticed one more thing : when i click on notification for new incoming sms, the desired window display correctly. however, it does not help the others to display.

regards.
wanderley
dandroidx

Title

Same problem here. DroidX Android Version 2.3.3If I try to open a message, the tab at the bottom opens, but no window. If I click the tab, it dims as mentioned above. It seems that if I go down my message list a few (~10) then it starts opening the message windows for those, but none of the more recent ones.
Also, it would be nice if there was an "x" button on the "tabs" to close them regardless of if they were on the screen or not. (related to this problem).
dandroidx
Chris_Lee

Title

same here , Galaxy Nexus with ICS.
Chris_Lee
Agrajag

Title

Same, Galaxy Nexus with ICS. I can't close them out..they just stay there. When I open a new chat with that person from the call log the whole conversation history is displayed, and it creates a new tab that can be used/closed.
Agrajag
AdsBot [Google]

Title

Bugs causing this will be fixed with next update. Please stay tuned.
AdsBot [Google]
David

Title

Wonderful! I'm looking forward to it. :)
David
muhamad_ludi

Title

Work-around:http://www.airdroid.com/forum/discussion/comment/990#Comment_990
muhamad_ludi
Erhan

Title

the problem seems to be with special characters. I've tried with different contacts/message-threads, and only the contacts/threads with special characters in the contact name, will fail to open.Contacts with Ø (like Søren) or Æ and Å, and I assume others as well.
Erhan
AllenDurie

Title

So.. is there a time frame when the next update will come out? I would love to use AirDroid if SMS works..
AllenDurie
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235538

Latest Member: NeOn

Online: 48