Google music and ICS

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:43 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Ajax
OP

Google music and ICS

Hello!
I just installed this app. All works fine except music. I have ICS 4.2 (Galaxy nexus), newest stable chrome. After click on music icon there is no files and I'm sure, that there is music in my device (downloaded to offline through google music). If you want some other informations, feel free to write me.

Thanks for this grat app!
Ajax
Ajax
bennyp

Title

make sure the music is in "SD Card» Music", atm Music (from what i know) app in AirDroid only picks up music in that folder, best way is to download an app like 'ES File Explorer' from google play and use that to move it to the "SD Card» Music" folder
bennyp
SJMarty

Title

Hello!

Music is not in this folder, but I can't choose where google music app put it. I just unpack phone, fill-up my account, run google music app and tick "make avilable offline". App download my whole music collection and I can listen offline. Files are on path "{card}/Android/data/com.google.android.muic/cache/music". Just for to be sure, I can't choose download folder.

Thanks! Ajax
SJMarty
bennyp

Title

although you cant choose download folder you can move them using another application ( or copy and paste them) such as ES File Explorer or any explorer for that matter (android market) to the "{card}/ Music" ("SD Card» Music") and then AirDroid can interact with it (import /export)

Note: copying will take up double space , and moving will mean Google doesn't recognize that there are any 'Offline files" until you move them back etc
bennyp
SJMarty

Title

Yes, I know, but why? I think Air droid should adapt to google's standards, not all users in the world should adapt to airdroid? Am I right?

EDIT: this is bugreport, not question..
SJMarty
bennyp

Title

sorry i didn't understand the scope of your bug apologies,also i was wrong before AirDroid - picks up all the music on my sd card(it wasnt before cause of it being wrong format) im guessing Google ICS doesnt use Mp3,Wav or OGG (android standards), hopefully AirDroid will increase supported media files soon
bennyp
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235035

Latest Member: Seyar

Online: 36